Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Accountant to join our team in Brisbane on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of project and management accounting activities for the Assignment including client billing, budget management and variance analysis, financial reporting and provide senior management with support for accounting and finance issues.
- Manage the Brisbane based project accountants; inspiring them to continuously learn and grow
- Identify and assess the development needs, encouraging knowledge sharing and creating a conducive learning environment.
- Ensure backup is in place for critical processes across projects
Skills / Qualifications
- Responsible for the reporting of consolidated performance, variance analysis and dashboard for the state
- Provide senior management with value adding analysis to maximise performance and to assist decision making
- Oversee a team of project accountants ; working closely with the team to ensure the following deliverables are met monthly:
- Timely client invoicing and cash collection
- Month-end close
- Financial reporting and analysis eg Dashboard
- Undertake the monthly billing, month end close and reporting for some of the smaller clients
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting process
- Lead various initiatives to define, simplify and standardise finance processes and procedures to support the contract framework
- Performs risk assessment on all financial processes implementing mitigating controls as necessary
- Provide a structured KPI framework for the accounting function in line with contract deliverables and the wider Queensland business
- Manage internal and external stakeholders for all financial matters
- Actively participate in Integration activities to consolidate all operations to common Wood systems and one trading entity.
- Accounting Degree and qualified CPA / CA preferred
- 5 years + experience in a similar role
- Intellectually capable, can substantiate the ability to apply theory in a context
- Professional demeanour, interpersonal skills
- Able to demonstrate team working skills
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn
- Flexible with a can-do attitude
- A good business partner to the operational divisions
- Proficient in process reviews, change management and process integration
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced Project Accountant ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity! Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.