Analyst, Corporate Development and Investor RelationsNabors Featured Employer
Houston, Texas, United States
Nabors is a leading provider of advanced technology for the energy industry. With operations in about 20 countries, Nabors has established a global network of people, technology and equipment to deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and responsible hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its core competencies, particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate the future of energy and enable the transition to a lower carbon world.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
Candidate will contribute to the development of analytics and materials (reports, presentations, etc.) required to support Nabors Investor Relations and Corporate Development efforts. Also, will work closely with the VP and the Director of Corporate Development and Investor Relations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides research, analytics, and information to support effective communication by the IR team and senior executives with investors, potential investors and sell-side analysts
· Assist in the development of regular investor communications, including earnings releases, and conference call scripts
· Interact regularly with team VP and Director, as well as Finance & Accounting, Operations, Marketing & Sales, Legal and senior executives to contribute to crafting a cohesive narrative to the investment community
· Compile and analyze data to assist the Investor Relations team and senior executives communicate effectively with investors, prospective investors , and sell-side analysts
· Collect and analyze internal financial and operational data
· Monitor, understand and communicate the performance of major peers and conduct relevant comparisons
· Develop presentations to investors and credit rating agencies, including quarterly update of the slide deck made available on the Investor Relations website providing highlights and updates on Nabors' business
· Collect and analyze internal business unit performance and conduct peer company comparisons
· Monitor current market intelligence and convey important industry and macroeconomic developments, and news items to the team
· Track and analyze macro market data and assess operating activity ramifications
· Prepare weekly and quarterly packages with relevant information and analysis for the CEO
Helps develop, manage, and analyze corporate development through M&A, divestitures and/or strategic alliances
· Perform the research, evaluation, analysis, and deal process on large and strategic acquisitions
· Assist business unit management with the research, evaluation, analysis, and process on smaller, bolt-on acquisitions
· Perform the analysis and deal process on divestitures and other strategic asset monetization
· Provide analytical support for the strategic assessment of current and potential new business lines
· Create and maintain financial models for various analysis, including forecasting and scenario planning
· Assist business units when needed on large, complex, and sophisticated projects
· Prepare presentation materials for quarterly Board of Directors meetings, and the Board's annual strategy meeting
· Learn from the Corporate Development and Investor Relations team, as well as Finance and Accounting, Legal, and various business leaders
· Learn the operating and strategic fundamentals of all of the company's diversified service lines
· Ad hoc analysis and evaluation incorporating ROIC, NPV, EV/EBITDA, accretion-dilution, etc.
· Complete special projects as needed
· Pre-MBA preferred
· Experience extracting information and building reports from SmartView preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS