Skills: Energy / Commodity Trading
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brussels, Belgium
IRC223109 - TRADING ANALYST
At Eni, we are looking for a Trading Analyst within EGEM in Brussels, Belgium. You will be responsible for communicating and coordinating with other stake holders like Portfolio, Logistics, Operations, Quants, Middle and Backoffice teams
Eni is one of the leading integrated energy companies with activities in exploration, production, transport, and marketing of oil and natural gas. Eni has a market capitalisation of €66 billion and has a near €100bn turnover. It is not only a leading international upstream Company but also Europe's largest natural gas Company.
In January 2021, Eni integrated its gas, power, emissions and LNG commodity trading activities into one Company, Eni Global Energy Markets (EGEM) to create a leader in the global commodities trading arena. EGEM is a leading gas player in Europe and is responsible for all of Eni's commodity trading in natural gas, power, emissions and related derivatives with offices in Brussels, London, Rome, and Singapore. The integration of the trading activities into EGEM enables ENI to capture additional business opportunities in a market which is becoming more liquid and integrated across different commodities. This integrated model has created a global centre of excellence for ENI's trading and commodities management.
As a member of the trading team at EGEM you will be responsible for :
• Running data models, collecting data and statistics
• Generating and maintaining supply and demand balances for natural gas on country level
• Proactively act as main focal point to enhance analytics to help capture and monetize insights from information flow and developing advanced analytics
• Performing up-to-date analysis of the competitive landscape (eg counterparty activity, ship movements, tender activity, auctions, maintenance tracking, technical analysis, margin forecasts) that build confidence in our modelling and help traders with forming trading strategies
• Developing a weekly slide pack to inform the traders on the most recent market updates
• Finding and explore ways to improve the existing analytics, including data scraping and machine learning tools
• Providing support to the trading team primarily focused on trading analytics and may also include exposure/profit and loss analysis, data entry and other trading support activities
• Proactively investigate and gather information from numerous internal and external sources to help understand and predict market trends
• Supporting the gas trading team in providing quotes and indications to internal customers
• Ad hoc project work and administration in support of the traders
• Supporting the gas trading team in all the items linked to the trading lifecycle process
• Communicating and coordinating with other stake holders like Portfolio, Logistics, Operations, Quants, Middle and Backoffice teams
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
• background in economics or show affinity with economics
• highly numerate with exceptional analytical capacities
• Graduate degree (science or business preferred) or relevant experience on the commodity markets
• Fluent in English, other language is a plus
• Acquaintance with ICT systems (knowledge of MS Suite; knowledge of a Risk management system is a plus; knowledge of PYTHON or similar is a plus)
• Eagerness to be part of the energy markets community, to develop a deep understanding of gas market dynamics
At Eni we believe in enterprising people, capable of making a difference and making their contribution with passion and innovation, to respond to the global challenges of the energy transition. For us, the skills and attitudes of each individual , continuous training , and diversity and inclusion are fundamental. We promote flexible ways of working with particular attention to well-being, welfare and work life-balance.
Eni will evaluate applications considering plurality and diversity as sources of enrichment. If your application is assessed to be among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process.
Whatever your ambition, at Eni you can find the tools to make it happen.
Energy for action takers