Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting a HSSES Coordinator to join our growing team in Houston.
This role supports all required HSSES activities in a local office and provides support to the projects organization across the Americas. It has responsibility for ensuring that the company HSE Management Systems and related activities are adequately maintained and implemented so that resulting actions are delivered effectively, minimizing risks to the business.
Skills / Qualifications
- Offers knowledge and skills in order to generate and promote a positive HSE culture. This represents a key role in helping control business related risks in the organization.
- Responsible for managing office operations with respect to all aspects of HSSES, including emergency response, incident investigation and participating in campus drills.
- Ensuring HSE Management System documentation is kept up-to-date and for ensuring policies and practices are adopted.
- Support the development and review of risk assessments
- Manage the team SharePoint page and Teams site.
- Assist in planning, implementing, monitoring and reviewing all aspects of the HSE management system.
- Assists in the review and formatting of procedures, forms and presentations.
- Participates in incident investigations and maintains the company incident reporting system.
- Maintains HSE performance databases and dashboards in accordance with company requirements. Monitor and report on HSSE objectives and KPIs.
- Conducts system, supplier and office based audits, close out audit findings, creating audit reports and determine proper corrective and preventive actions, through Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Propose changes to working practices that are safe and add to an improved Company HSE
- Keeps up to date with new developments and maintain a working knowledge of the latest HSE related techniques and developments
- Supports continual improvement initiatives
- Prepares and conducts in house training.
- Administrative follow-up on PPE procurement and other HSE related items
- Maintains contact with PPE and training providers
- Prepare & attend HSE meeting agendas and minute of meetings
- Minimum two years of HSE experience
- NEBOSH or IOSH Course completion preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- First Aid / AED / CPR Instructor preferred
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office to include Excel and VISIO
- Proficient in the use of Sharepoint
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
- Experience of working in and managing a HSE Management system environment
- Experience working with contractor/supplier management systems (i.e., ISN, Veriforce, Avetta)
- Knowledge of internal, external and third party certification audits.
- Knowledge of HSE standards and legal requirements
- Willingness to support a hybrid work schedule
- Demonstrable commitment to company and client values
- Confident self-starter who can work independently
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Good communication and team-working skills
- Commitment to HSE and in particular safety and assurance and the need to drive down incidents and accidents across the industry
- Trustworthy and approachable
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.