Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer with strong experience in the power generation and utility sector as a preference or heavy industrial, oil and gas or mining industries, to join our busy and growing team in Fredericton, NB.
Our Operations team has a long history of delivering some of the biggest and most complex projects in Eastern Canada. Wood has a strong presence in the energy transition supporting the rapidly growing decarbonization and renewables industry in Canada and across the globe.
As a member of Wood's team, some of the key responsibilities include:
Skills / Qualifications
- Ability to supervise and mentor developing Engineers and Technologists
- Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, engineering and design calculations
- Understands the standard engineering work planning, scheduling, and cost estimating
- Ability to work with Clients to understand their requirements and establish a clear scope of work
- Support business development team in preparing proposals and estimates
- Quality control of all deliverables within the scope of electrical engineering
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures
- Execute engineering and design activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design)
- Prepare and/or review electrical single line diagrams, wiring diagrams and schematics, Load list, Equipment list, Cable schedules and all other Electrical deliverables assigned by lead
- University Degree in Engineering, or a combination of education and industry experience
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng) in the Province of New Brunswick or other Canadian associations
- Minimum of 10 years working experience
- Experience with EPC and/or EPCM project delivery
- Excellent organizational, technical writing, communication and team-building skills
- Proven track record interfacing with senior management on project/program performance, bid evaluation, etc.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a clean drivers abstract
- Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.