Provides engineering support to plant issues that impact daily production. In this role the Rotating Equipment Engineer provides technical expertise (equipment based or repair technique based) which impacts the availability and maintainability of rotating equipment in the facility.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in rotating equipment failures and repair techniques during root cause investigations.
- Provides technical expertise to plant personnel on troubleshooting failures, repairs, and evaluating whether equipment is designed to meet its intended or existing service conditions.
- For rotating equipment that is critical for the process ensures that work requests include engineering input on repair details such as clearances, tolerances, materials of construction, etc. and if necessary provide onsite/offsite technical support for deviations from this data.
- Ensures repairs, repair techniques, equipment specific training, are documented and made available
- Support the PPM coordinator/Planner as required in reviewing spare parts list for rotating equipment.
- Provide input/develop the maintenance strategy for critical rotating equipment.
- Participates in developing the maintenance budget to support the rotating equipment.
- Provide engineering input to work packages to ensure standards are followed.
- Develop the work scope for critical roating equipment during turnaround.
- Participates in the facilitation and implementation of the Apollo RCI process to include application of the cause and effect methodology in all areas where reliability opportunities are identified and where the RCI triggers are met.
- Support equipment repair prioritization based on criticality and condition
- Support maintence excellence initiatives for the different maintenance disciplines
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed to keep the plant operational.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.