Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Construction Work Pack Engineer/E&I ATEX Inspector to join our team in Dubai.
Skills / Qualifications
- To facilitate and formulate Construction Work-packs in line with Client's objective of progressing Work Order completion timely and to project schedule
- Provide construction input to estimates as and when required
- Review design documents and provide constructability input to designs
- Produce sequenced Activity data, Test and Inspection Matrices and compile workpacks which detail all construction activities
- Undertake visits to facilities/sites to support the development of the workpacks, review designs and liaise with Construction Supervisors
- Identify any Specialist Vendor Support, Tools and Equipment required to implement scope
- Liaising with study team lead discipline engineers on developing solutions on FEED Studies
- Interface with Client's Operations groups as & when necessary
- Taking part in site surveys and generation of reports where required
- Writing of construction / operational section of FEED report
- Formulate Construction Work-packs in line with Project procedures for content, and accuracy.
- Assist with construction input to Bid preparation
- Development of Construction CTRs for Bid estimates
- Thorough working knowledge of ITR's for E&I completion & Pre-commissioning activities
- Involved in Effective Change Management
- Liaise closely with Wood Engineering on all aspects of design and technical data
- Coordinate & carry out required timely Constructability reviews, in line with Model progression
- Ensure the required Constructability Readiness reviews are addressed to suit the work-pack deliverable timing
- Liaise strongly with Supply Chain for materials & equipment deliverables for alignment to the overall project schedules
- Coordinate with Project controls on the progress of work order issuance, and proposed completion dates
- Ensure relevant CTR's are monitored for accuracy of time recording during Work-pack formulation and final issue
- Participate in HSE improvement activities, promoting HSE elements throughout Work Pack development where ever possible.
- Full working knowledge of construction activities in relation to the relevant Electrical & Instrumentation discipline
- Ability to review engineering design drawings and challenge work content for any improvement / cost effective methodology that can be adopted without compromise to safety. Also to be able to challenge engineering detail for possible areas of where hot work can be reduced/minimised.
- Qualifications: A Degree is preferred but a diploma in Electrical or Instrumentation background would be considered if with the level of experience is high
- Minimum 10 years' experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Must have strong background in development of Construction Work packs
- Front-end E&I Construction experience essential
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.