Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Principal C&I Engineer to join its Digital Operations team focusing on supporting North Sea decarbonisation, Energy, Oil & Gas, speciality chemical and Industrial Sectors on a contract basis.
Join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
The role is required to work under the Head of E,C&I Engineering to support the execution of C&I scopes across all Project phases (Concept to Start-up) based within our Hull office, where we recognise the value of hybrid working.
Our Clients and Projects
It's a future for all of us. We aspire to shape a better tomorrow by unlocking solutions that address the biggest challenges facing our clients and our society.
What we can offer
- Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry across renewables and emerging energy sectors
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive Rate
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Global connections; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
If all of this sounds good to you, review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood.
- Provide realistic and practical technical solutions to operational engineering challenges
- Evaluate existing and new manufacturers in his / her area of expertise for technical competence and compliance
- Perform technical studies in applicable project related technical issues and prepare reports and feedback for presentation to technical and management personnel
- Review engineering and design proposals for large project
- Review and develop engineering and design documentation, including engineering procedures, standards, and specifications (FEED)
- Experience with development of Instrument / Control Engineering deliverables as required on a project by project basis.
- Delivery of small to medium scale projects with responsibilty for estimates, schedules and resource allocation where required.
- Checking and approval of engineering & design deliverables within established corporate procedures.
- Guide, support and oversee work groups including mentoring of junior staff.
- Experience on HAZOP / SIL assignment and knowledgeable of IEC 61511
- Work collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, purchasers, and other internal personnel
- Liaise with clients, suppliers, contractors and relevant authorities
Skills / Qualifications
Skills And Qualifications
You may read these details and are potentially thinking about not applying due to not having every single skill, knowledge or experience listed, and that's understandable. However, we'd still like to hear from you.. At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences. So even if you feel you don't have everything listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges....do apply.
- Experience with working on projects for the Energy, Oil & Gas, Chemical and Industrial Sectors.
- Extensive experience in instrument and control engineering in the Energy, Oil & Gas, Chemical and Industrial Sectors.
- Experience with working within a project team as a Principal C&I engineer and on C&I teams across a range of industry sectors on projects from concept to start-up.
- Be a Self-motivated team player working on own initiative under supervision.
- Degree in Instrument and Control Engineering
- Membership of an appropriate professional Body / Institute
- Chartered Engineer status (or working towards achieving this)
- Normally 3 years post-graduation minimum
- Experience of control and safety system upgrades and modifications
- Understanding and experience of relevant codes and standards including BS 7671, IEC 61511, ATEX, DSEAR, CDM 2015, etc. and how to apply them
- Experience with specification of field instrumentation, analysers, ESD and actuated valves
- Experience with sizing of flow devices / control valves / relief devices
- Experienced practioner of HAZOP, LOPA, Alarm Reviews and SIL Determination
- Experienced practioner of IEC 61511 Safety Lifecycle and Emergency Shutdown System architecture and design and SIL determination.
- TUV or similar Functional Safety Engineer qualification.
- Familiar with specification of Fire & Gas systems and detection equipment (desired)
- Familiar with IT/Telecoms/Networks/Access Control & CCTV Systems (desired)
- Familiar in specification and interface management of Instrumentation and Control requirements for Mechanical packages
- Familiar with interfacing with Client Engineers personnel to facilitate project execution
- Experience with managing and liaison with Vendors to facilitate project execution
- Familiar with Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- Familiar in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
- Familiar in the use of design and assessment methods used within discipline
- Familiar in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
- Conversant with other discipline key project activities and their interaction with/impact on the C&I scope.
- Able to work with other disciplines and draughting sections to meet delivery dates
- Familiar in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work
- Familiar in design safety / environmental requirements and procedures
- Previous site survey experience
- Offshore design experience
- ATEX training to CompEx 12 ( desired)
- Demonstrate good communication and organisational skill.
- Possess excellent problem solving skills and provide suitable design solutions
- Have the ability to learn new skills and adapt to changing workload demand
- Ability to work under pressure
- Consistently meets targets and deadlines
- Possess excellent skills in using AutoCAD software and computer literacy
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.