Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Senior Principal Electrical Engineer, to join their client's London project delivery team on an on-going contract basis.
The successful candidate will join the electrical department which provides concept, FEED, and detailed design services for electrical power systems for onshore and offshore, oil & gas facilities. Engineering personnel are involved in the design, calculation, specification and requisition of electrical equipment and comprehensive analysis of electrical designs to ensure inherently safe systems.
- To sit above the existing project electrical lead engineers and drive improvements through the project. This will include the delivery of an improvement plan, developed by the London Electrical Manager and project directors - initial support and direction will be provided by the London Electrical Manager.
- Oversee detailed design activities
- Maintain the required technical quality of work within the team.
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the change control process and work with the Electrical Lead, Project Management and Client to resolve effectively.
- Ensure that designs comply with relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures.
- Ensure, as far as possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule.
- Develop awareness of technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope.
- Maintain good communication with the Project Management team and Client.
- Commitment to and promotion of the client's values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering or other closely related subject.
- Chartered Engineer with the IET (CEng).
- Leader in change - providing strategic thinking and planning, effective communication, team coaching and motivation where appropriate.
- Positive approach to challenges which demonstrates creativity, imagination, and a solution-orientated approach.
- Competent in the application of appropriate Codes of Practice, Standards, and relevant sections of statutory documentation.
- Competent in the use of design and assessment methods used within the discipline.
- Competent in use of analytical methods used within discipline including background for analysis programs.
- Able to technically direct engineering and design personnel within discipline.
- Competent in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work.