Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
The Global Rig Business Manager reports to the Vice President and is accountable for business development and account management for the Geo-Market. He / She is required to deliver budgeted sales targets and to develop new geographical and customer market penetration. This involves developing and maintaining market strategies to meet the company's goals. The role calls for account management, customer service and data analysis amongst other required business skills. The BDM will manage all sales and BD personnel for the geo-market related to owned assets, Operations & Management, Surface & Tubulars, Well Construction and Well Intervention product lines. He / She interacts with existing and prospective senior level customers to ensure existing business is retained and new business opportunities are developed. The Sr. Business Development Manager has a functional reporting line to the Sr. VP - Global Business Development.
- Provides visible leadership with One Parker Total Ownership Commitment.
- Enforces, clarifies, and follows Company policies, standards, and procedures.
- Develop and implement strategic and tactical marketing plans as directed by VP. Introduction of business into new geographical areas and introduction of new business into already established areas.
- Identify selling opportunities and client intelligence for all product lines in an account; report these opportunities to country management and other product line representatives.
- Provide Product Line Management and Operations Managers with frequent, timely feedback on account performance (share, potential, and competitive position) in order to facilitate planning.
- Gather all required information from each assigned customer, complete necessary documentation, and create the preliminary tender documentation (project P&L, brief outline, pre-job sheets, and pricing instructions).
- Review the preliminary tender documentation with operations personnel to ensure that the proposed solution is feasible and confirm with the customer that the solution meets their needs.
- Conduct market research to determine market requirements for existing and future products.
- Analysis of customer research, current market conditions and competitor information.
- Develop, implement and manage business development and marketing plans and projects for new and existing products and customers.
- Monitor, review and report on all business development and marketing activity and results.
- Attend all sales and operations meetings as and when required.
- Responsible for other local relationships (customer, vendors, and government) critical to the success of the geo-market.
- Ensures strict adherence to company and government compliance related policies including the Code of Conduct, the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), and local laws and regulations.
- Performs additional duties, responsibilities, and special projects as may be directed.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university, Bachelors of Business or Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in business/contract development/management in oilfield or related industry. Experience working for major oilfield Service Company is preferred.
- International experience is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in operational management and/or project management.
- High Degree of operational management and/or operational experience with Parker Drilling or similar oilfield services company.
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- Excellent customer relation skills.
- Must be skilled in MS Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint. Knowledge of Access and Sharepoint is preferred. Adaptability to other software is a requirement.
- Must be able to multi-task while prioritizing to ensure delivery of completed work on schedule.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and embrace a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate with all nationalities in order to develop relationships of trust and understanding.
- Superior written and verbal skills are required.
- The ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Valid passport with no travel restrictions.
- Intercultural Awareness
- Business Acumen
- Building Effective Teams
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Carry up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Parker Wellbore provides equal opportunity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, military service, veteran's status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If an applicant has a disability, the applicant may request accommodations when needed to enable that person to perform their essential job functions or to allow that person to participate in employment.