Where you fit in -
The Production Team Lead is responsible for the safe and efficient management of a team of operators tasked to manufacturing catalyst in a 24-7 catalyst plant.
This role also takes primary responsibility for safe and efficient execution of the production schedule. This role will be expected to support our HSSE programs and Continuous Improvement activities and ensure that their direct reports are engaged and educated in the programs. Typically the role will oversee 3-10 operators and is the main focal point for the site during non-standard business hours in lieu of other Leadership Team members. This role will require work on shifts that spans some weekends and holidays and will require a rotating shifts schedule.
What's the role -
- Day to day supervisor of personnel in accordance with Shell Catalysts & Technologies policies to ensure site is 100% compliant with regulatory requirements and Shell programs such as GOAL ZERO.
- Lead, train, coach and develop production staff to safely and efficiently meet production demands.
- Demonstrate Leadership attributes in communications, ownership, urgency and positive attitude.
- Manage formal interactions with organized labor force.
- Communicate plant goals, roles and responsibilities and priorities to each member of the team to ensure alignment across the site.
- Complete all required records, reports, SAP data inputs and ensure direct reports do the same.
- Ensure maintenance work, project work and inspections in the production areas are appropriately managed and completed to standards.
- Be a leader in safety on site through personal commitment by actively completing training, audits, observations, JHAs etc.
- Be an active participant and leader in Continuous Improvement activities on site.
- Work with other departments within site to meet site priorities and goals.
What we need from you -
- A legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent with at least five (5) years' experience in Chemical/Industrial/catalyst manufacturing environment.
Specific skills and experiences must include:
- At least two plus (2+) years of experience supervising or leading a team is required, with five (5) years' experience preferred.
- Demonstrable mechanical aptitude and experience with troubleshooting of industrial equipment such as valves, pumps, pH meters and other instrumentation, etc.
- Ability to wear required Personal Protective Equipment for site, which may be including safety glasses, goggles, hard hat, safety shoes and half or full face respirator when required.
- Able to work regularly scheduled shifts which include weekends and holidays.
- Must be willing to cover short notice vacancies as well as extended shifts.
- Able to work safely in an industrial setting using computer systems, manually manipulating valves and using small hand tools.
- Proficient in current Business Software programs, specifically Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Project, Word and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Excellent Communications and Organization Skills.
- Ability to Travel as Required for Training and Company Business.
- Ability to Access, Unassisted, All Required Areas of the Facility.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in among other exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of oil products, chemicals, electric power, renewables and energy solutions.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards f performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment processes, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.