Shell Catalyst and Technologies (SC&T) has an opening for a technical engineer to support its hydrogenation and aromatics chemicals catalyst business. In this role, the individual will work with SC&T account managers as they develop technical and commercial proposals related to the hydrogenation and specialty catalyst business, as well as supporting third party customers in the operation of their hydrogenation applications.
This role of Technical Service Engineer (TSE) Chemicals reports to the Senior
Technical Solutions Manager Performance Products. The role is located in Houston. Where you fit in -
SC&T is a customer facing organization that brings high value, differentiated technologies to the market. These technologies include a portfolio of hydrogenation and specialty catalysts from its chemical catalyst line. SC&T supports these catalysts through their entire lifecycle by providing best-in-class technical service. It is the role of the TSE to support the sales of these catalyst products as well as the customers who use them. The role is highly customer focused, requiring commercial skills in addition to technical capabilities. Our culture in SC&T is one of Humility, Curiosity, Commercial Excellence, Determination, but above all putting the customer first. What's the role -
The TSE Chemicals will be accountable for providing customer and sales support associated with chemical hydrogenation and specialty catalyst customers. The TSE will be a member of a larger technical support team and will work closely with the sales team on specific customer accounts.
Specific role functions include:
What we need from you -
- Preparing catalyst performance estimates and technical proposals in response to customer requests.
- Supporting customers through the catalyst loading, activation and start-up process.
- Supporting customer's unit operation through analysis of data and assistance in troubleshooting efforts.
- Becoming proficient in use of catalyst performance models as a tool to support the catalyst business
- Documenting successes that customers achieve with SC&T catalysts and technical support and sharing knowledge gained from these successes within the organization, helping to further strengthen SC&T's technical and commercial positions.
- Preparing technical proposals in response to customer requests as well as engineering design firms.
- Building of positive working relationships with customer's technical staff.
- Must have a legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- BS Chemical Engineering or comparable science/engineering degree.
- At least 5 years' experience in technical support of petrochemical (steam cracker), hydrogenation, aromatic, zeolitic and/or other chemical catalyst unit operation.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Strong writing, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to travel 30% of the time.
- Organizational skills to multi-task and manage several projects and customers at the same time
- High degree of confidence with the ability to earn respect of a customer base of experienced and knowledgeable refining personnel
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought po