Project Controls Analyst - Oil & Gas Location: Initially based in Edmonton, it will then move to Fort McMurray on a rotational fly in fly out basis. Contract: Until August 2024, potential extension
- You will be an active participant of the Project Controls team providing Quantity Surveying, cost control, change management, forecasting and reporting with focus on timeliness and accuracy.
- This is to work on a challenging billion dollar project that has both Project and Turnaround elements.
Responsibilities will include but, not limited to:
- As a professional, you will be responsible to develop, maintain and continuously improve all aspects of Quantity Surveying, Cost Control, trending & forecasting, change management and reporting on the project.
- It is a challenging opportunity to work with different stakeholders (Modular yard contractor, CMT, Operations & Turnaround) and Contractors to ensure their Cost process and systems are set up as per Contract Obligations and in sync with Systems & procedure
- You will work closely with PCM and PC team members to coordinate scheduling, reporting & cost control.
- Responsible to understand and follow the applicable Standards, Procedures, Templates and Specifications.
- Responsible to raise any deviations to the PC Standards & Procedures are ensure they are signed by the document owner and approver.
- Responsible to support Quality Assurance by ensuring process compliance with PC Standards & Procedures and expected behaviors through periodic audits.
- Responsible to support Quality Control by completing the PC deliverables with timeliness and accuracy, to meet expected outcomes.
- Managing commitments, actual quantities, costs, and allocations against budget and awarded values
- Reviewing & validating invoices and Payment certificates, application of unit rates and method of measurement, new prices etc
- Verifying and validating incurred & actual costs and developing/maintaining the incurred cost forecast (ICF).
- Performing cost variance and root cause analysis at different levels including the contractor data to ensure proactive decision making.
- Maintaining the project contingency and escalation management plans.
- Developing and producing project cost reporting requirements.
- Completing progressive closeout of cost closeout, asset capitalization and benchmarking deliverables at Modular yard as well as at site
- Maintaining the project change log.
- Initiating, coordinating, and managing PCNs (in Ecosys and SAP S4) at Modular yard coordinating with Cost lead at Home office.
- Preparing or coordinating with the estimator and/or scheduler for the preparation of cost & schedule impacts to analyze potential PCNs.
- Coordinating with the PMoC coordinator or project management designate for change management.
- Organizing and chairing monthly change management meeting at Mod yard.
- Submitting PCNs for approval.
- Understanding the project baseline and control budget including scope definition, estimate costs workforce hours, schedule dates and durations and execution strategies to facilitate immediate decisions on project change.
- Alerting the Project Controls Manager of potential or real deviations from the control budget as early as possible to enable development and implementation of mitigation or recovery measures.
- Providing supporting backup and explanations for all identified changes.
- Working closely with all Integrated Team members, be proactive and resolve any identified concerns or issues.
- Progressive closeout as project milestones are completed, e.g. POs and NWA. Set up metrics/KPIs and report in CT/MESR. Initiate Asset componentization list and finalize and obtain approval for the Closeout plan.
- Executing the PC Closeout plan, complete and obtain approval for the final Closeout report, provide benchmarking data as per plan.
- Ensuring all PC requirements on the Project Management Closeout Standard Checklist are completed.
- Develop understanding of Milestone Analysis process.
- Support the implementation of Milestone Analysis activities.
- Ensure our contractors understand their obligations and how they will share in the success of the project.
- Ensure our contractors are delivering as per their obligations and elevating issues as they arise.
- Understand how our Capability Building program will lead to more effective progress meetings and higher certainty in project success.
Education And Experience
- A post-secondary graduation degree, Quantity surveyor and Cost skills certification is must.
- Excellent computer skills, MS Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), experience in Powe BI and analytical tool; EcoSys, and SAP S4 is added asset
- Minimum 8-10 years of Project Controls experience in the oil and gas sector out of which 3-5 years at site working with Contractor.
- EPC and Owner experience a definite asset.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Well versed in Quantity surveying of all discipline, checking Material take-offs against actuals / as-builts, apply right contract price codes, validation of unit rate contracts, invoicing and cost control reports submitted by contractor
- Apply a working knowledge of key project controls concepts, functions, processes, principles, standards, and policies.
- Can identify and resolve common problems and identify impacts of actions, risks, and opportunities by displaying analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Can apply skill to a range of tasks, working without supervision in routine, well-defined situations.
- Good interpersonal, analytical, organizational & communication skills; both written and verbal, and positive teamwork approach with cross-functional partnership and collaboration.
- Collaborate with others to develop competency, pursue learning opportunities, and share knowledge with others.
This is an Edmonton based position for Module yard and later transition to Fort mac site, fly-in and fly-out option being provided. All necessary trainings required need to be undertaken for Site based position prior to mobilization. About Petroplan
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.