As a Manufacturing Operations Manager, you will help promote a culture of safety and efficiency to meet our daily production goal and make sure finished products are shipped to the customer on time.
You need good leadership skills to communicate business goals, programs, and processes within the plant and you'll leverage your experience/ expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives, and affect short-term and some long-term business goals.
If you like the idea of doing meaningful work with a company that's doing big things to create a cleaner, more sustainable world for us all, here's more!
- Being responsible for time and attendance management, performance reviews and conflict resolution for production employees within assigned department
- Ensures assigned employees are aware / comply with all Veolia WTS, government, customer and applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Ensures that resources committed to executing the production schedule will meet the customer requirements and meet the internal business metrics, such as productivity and overtime costs
- Be responsible for ensuring all cross functional departments are working together to address production delays, quality excursions, or equipment outages
- Work closely with Corporate Engineering to assist with capital expenditures and project management
- Coordinate vendors and contractors appropriately with plant needs
- Troubleshooting production problems, whether process or material issues, conduct root cause analyses and implement corrections, to minimize impact to production and eliminate root cause
- Be proficient in extracting data and required reports from SAP to track, monitor, and troubleshoot electronic flow of information through the purchasing, inventory management, customer order management, and inter site logistics modules of the SAP system
- Ensure all employees maintain their job certifications / trainings
- Ensure compliance to regulatory agencies, ISO, OSHA, EPA, DOT, DHS, etc.
- Develop and implement a succession plan for production and shipping positions
- In the absence of the plant manager, assume full responsibilities for all plant operations and site management duties
- This list is not all-inclusive and may include other duties as assigned and necessary for the operation and management of the shift and overall plant.
Other Useful Skills & Abilities
- Bachelors' Degree in Industrial, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years of experience in a shop leadership position, in a manufacturing environment
- Willing and able to be part of the Department of Homeland Security Personnel Surety Program
- Excellent understanding of chemical processing and material handling equipment. Fundamental understanding of the Risk Management Program for Hazardous Chemicals
- Knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management such as production and inventory control, and standard cost systems
- Management program or Risk Management Program for Hazardous Chemicals
- Experience with Management of Change processes including P&ID documentation updates