Around the globe, we help cities and industries manage, optimize and make the most of their resources. We provide an array of solutions related to water, energy and materials to promote a cleaner more sustainable world for all of us.
The collective expertise and passion of our people, combined with a broad portfolio of over 10,000 technologies, makes us uniquely positioned to deliver solutions that positively impact the environment. Come be part of something special - start your journey today! Field Service Operator - Colorado Springs - Rinse Water TreatmentOther SalariedThe Field Service Operator will serve as an operator and a point person for a small team of support technical professionals in Colorado Springs, CO. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring contract, financial, regulatory compliance, and maintenance of wastewater plant equipment, instrumentation, and associated equipment, while helping to developing site specific procedures for operations and safety. Operator will also have on-call responsibilities.It is expected that the candidate will possess knowledge of water treatment equipment, specifically Reverse Osmosis, RO CIP, Water Clarification, Deionization, Auto Regen System, Neutralization System, Chemical Injection System, Pumps, Cartridge Filtration, Composite Sampler, and sludge dewatering.As a Field Service Operator - Colorado Springs you will:
- Interface with the Customer's production and SUEZ Rinse Water Treatment plant team
- Provide hands on technical guidance, train and mentor Field Service personnel that will serve as relief operators.
- Be responsible for Field Service operational metrics within geography, including Environmental, Health and Safety, quality of service, utilization, and cost.
- Ensure Utilization of proper procedures and equipment when handling chemicals, examples of chemicals handled: HCl, NaOH, Coagulants, Flocculants, and Antiscalant.
- Collect samples for onsite water analysis and preparation, labeling and shipment to designated laboratory for additional analysis.
- Conduct preventative maintenance and calibrate equipment per established process
- Monitor equipment performance and operation
- Maintain reports (charts / graphs), monthly Safety audits, daily and/or weekly reports,
- Help write work procedures, Job Safety Analysis, maintenance / repair schedules
- Assist with inventory of spare parts, adequate supply of chemicals, track usage, anticipate peek needs and balance inventory levels including inventory reconciliation and reordering.
- Ensure compliance of volume and quality per the customer's contract specifications.
- Work with PLC controls. Understand water process treatment design, and repair pumps, instruments and control panels and have strong PC skills including MS Excel, Word, & Access.
- Read/understand Process Flow Diagram (PFDs) and Piping and Instrumentation Drawing (P&IDs)
- Knowledge of rotating equipment, chemical pumps, and compressors.
- Trouble shoot electrical problems and correct if necessary.
- High School Diploma / GED / Home School Certification OR international equivalent to High School Diploma
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in water treatment field
- Ability and willingness to gain and maintain access to the customer site
- Bachelor's Degree (Chemistry, CE, EE, ME, IE or Environmental Engineering) from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with customers
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Experience on Suez WTS equipment or industry related equipment
- Experience with large scale equipment operations
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Power Point, Word, Excel) and ability to learn company and site-specific computer applications
- Strong communication (written and oral)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to be a team player
We offer competitive compensation and benefits working in a dynamic environment with challenging projects and training provided to ensure your success.
We realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace!