Post-doctoral researcher (2 years) - Material Scientist and/or Electrochemist , Cambridge, UK About SLB
We are SLB, a leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. With expertise in more than 120 countries, we partner with customers in close collaboration to create industry-changing technologies that unlock cleaner and safer access to energy. We design, develop, and deliver leading digital solutions and ground-breaking technologies to enable performance and sustainability that are crucial for the global energy industry. SLB has a very strong commitment to research and engineering, supporting existing businesses while looking towards the development of technologies essential for the energy transition. At Schlumberger Cambridge Research, we strike a balance between academia and industry with projects from early-stage research all the way to solution development for real business challenges.
We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people's energy. We're looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what's possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it. Job Description
To accelerate SLB's growth in the Energy Transition technology space, we are seeking a driven and creative scientist to work in the development of membrane electrode assemblies for polymer electrolyte membrane electrochemical devices. Passion for science, teamwork and the desire to succeed are the core of our programme on Energy Storage. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team and take part in the development of membrane electrode assemblies for polymer electrolyte membrane electrochemical devices. Responsibilities
- Experience related to the synthesis and evaluation of novel electrocatalysts for hydrogen and oxygen reactions. Ex-situ characterization of materials including morphology, structure, and dissolution rates. In-situ characterization of performance, including impedance, loss separation, and site quantification.
- Apply innovative approaches to ink formulation, ink processing and optimization of membrane electrode assemblies. Construction single cell prototypes.
- Be up to date with the electrochemical energy devices scientific literature and technology developments.
- Effectively communicate ideas, concepts and results to the team and stakeholders.
- Engage and collaborate with SLB technical community.
- Publish scientific papers, write patents applications, and attend conferences.
- PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or related field
- Experience in synthesis, fabrication and characterization of membrane electrode assemblies and strong expertise in ion exchange membranes.
- Experience with synthesis of PGM-free materials is required.
- Experience with in-situ / operando electrochemical techniques is a plus.
SLB is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.