Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Planner/Scheduler based out of project site in Ville PLatte, LA.
Position is a project site based position. Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications
- Lead the creation and implementation of the integrated EPC schedule for projects.
- Provide a resource loaded and leveled project schedule which clearly identifies critical path and float areas.
- Monitor, collect and enter progress on a regular basis for the project.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Engineers, Procurement, and Construction to define schedule requirements and work sequence.
- Develop and maintain regular scheduling reporting including but not limited to look ahead schedules, Manpower, Earned Value Reporting (Key Commodity tracking) and client reports as required.
- Work with subcontractors to integrate schedules into the master schedule.
- Review project schedule and drive communication to project leadership when risk areas are identified with appropriate mitigation plans to assure on time delivery.
- Perform ongoing schedule analysis, critical path analysis, earned value analysis, risk analysis reporting, evaluate, and recommend schedule improvements and opportunities.
- Prepare and deliver accurate and on time reporting to meet client contractual requirements.
- Work with Cost management team to gain alignment when forecasting schedule completion dates.
- Support the project team to provide clear visibility on status and schedule both internally and to client.
- Support senior management and planning personnel as appropriate.
- Provide guidance and support to planning staff as required.
- Develop Weekly Planning Report Pack.
- QC Schedules of Planning team.
- Bachelor's degree preferred and/or exceptional, relevant work experience required.
- Eight (8) years of demonstrated Lead planning/scheduling experience
- Eight (8) years of experience in planning role Preferably in an EPC role.
- Eight (8) years of demonstrated Primavera P6 experience.
- EPC environment experience.
- PMI Certification would be an asset
- Excellent understanding of Project Planning and scheduling.
- Excellent understanding of Earned Value Management and Key Commodity Tracking.
- Very good understanding of EPC projects.
- Very Good ability to understand project scope, project schedule objectives and developing/maintaining various schedule requirements.
- Very Good understanding of project estimate and have the ability to implement the elements of estimate into project schedule.
- Very good understanding of the basic principles of Project Management.
- Good general understanding of Cost Management, Planning and Change Control.
- Experience in the Renewables, Power and Heavy Industrial Construction Projects.
- High degree of Computer Literacy, particularly in Primavera (P6) and MS Office applications.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required . Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.