Overview / Responsibilities
Massy Wood Guyana is currently seeking expressions of interest for upcoming projects based at our Guyana Office.
This is an expression of interest only, the project is expected to commence in 2023.
Applicants must have full work rights in Guyana to be eligible for this role.
Skills / Qualifications
- Ensure HSSE is the primary focus in the execution of all duties and responsibilities, ensuring compliance with Company & Client policies and procedures
- Ensure conformance with HSSE and QA/QC standards of the Company & Client in the execution of daily activities
- Attend and participate in Client morning meetings and in job tool box meetings
- Perform emergency response team member duties as required at sites with the applicable training
- Be familiar with work packages and procedures before executing the job; read specifications and scaffolding drawings to determine locations, quantities and/ or sizes of materials required
- Load and offload materials as determined for execution of jobs
- To erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding structures with the assistance of an Advanced Scaffolder as required
- Support the Advanced Scaffolder during the erection, alteration and dismantling of suspended, cantilever, scaffolding tower, bridge scaffold and over the platform side scaffolding structures
- Install drop netting for working on platforms in accordance with job plan
- Maintain and up-keep tools and materials in proper condition
- Responsible for the securing & safe keeping of assigned hand tools via tool lanyards
- Ensure proper housekeeping is completed
- Demonstrate a high level of safety awareness
- Perform & participate in self-rescue & retrieval drills both onshore & offshore as required
- Perform all other assigned skilled work activities certified & competent to complete
- Perform all other tasks / responsibilities assigned from time to time
- Basic Certification in Scaffolding
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements. Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.