Construction Engineer Project Vacancy Villahermosa, MX
The Construction Engineer is responsible for performing conceptual and detailed engineering for facilities construction, requiring knowledge of construction codes, techniques, procedures, applicable industry standards and design standards.
- Apply range of skills and knowledge, including engineering calculations, construction codes, material selection and construction safety.
- Validate designs proposed by the Construction Designer and provide the necessary engineering for the feasibility and constructability study of the facility.
- Be responsible for meeting the schedule and advising management of schedule errors and deviations. Prepare man-hour estimates for new projects and changes in design.
- Prepare complex engineering and construction calculations to support the conceptual design made by Construction Designers from scratch, sketches or verbal instruction, utilizing manual or computer-assisted drafting and design techniques.
- Perform fundamental engineering support tasks such as updating computer lists, filing prints, distributing drawings, making simple calculations, proofreading reports and compiling bills of material.
- Check the work of other designers and drafters.
- Ensure project and company procedures are followed.
- Use information from vendor prints, catalogs and technical manuals to do design work.
- Mentor less experienced construction engineers.
- Supervise direct and contract detailed engineering and other engineering personnel.
- Approve work by offsite contract engineers.
- Keep supervisor informed of project progress.
- Stay current on new technologies, materials and processes.
- Travel as necessary to support design projects for field locations.
- Experience Required
- Civil Engineer
- 3 Years of Experience in a Similar Position
- English Advanced
Slb is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.