Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal/Lead Civil Structural Engineer to join us in Reading - UK on a staff basis.
The positions will be supporting our projects both in the UK and Middle East.
The ideal candidate will be technically strong and have experience within the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Refining, LNG or Power Generation industry. Previous experience in a similar position would be highly beneficial. Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications
- Analysis and Engineering/Design of steel and concrete structures to various International & Company codes and standards (e.g., European, American, British, Shell, Aramco)
- Analysis and Engineering/Design of structure and equipment foundations to static and dynamic loading
- Analysis and Engineering/Design using engineering software such as STAAD.Pro, Foundation 3D, Matt 3D
- Preparation of Basis of Engineering/Design, Material Specifications, Material takes offs, Scopes of Work, Technical reports, Inter discipline engineering/design coordination and supervision
- Competent in preparing engineering/design calculations for steel and concrete structure, seismic design, and design to extreme wind loads, developing design sketches and pass relevant information to designers as required on assigned projects
- Liaise with Engineers/Designers in the preparation of CAD drawings, typically using, Microstation, Smartplant 3D, AutoCAD, PDMS, PDS
- Liaise with other disciplines to accommodate their requirements and with Engineers/Designers in the preparation of structural and foundation drawings and details
- Provide technical support to other members of the team
- Support development of lessons learnt database
- Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude toward safety, both in design and in the office environment
- Engineering Degree in relevant subject
- Chartered Engineer status preferable
- Competent in using Civils' design programmes such as STAAD.Pro, Foundation 3D, Matt 3D
- Experience and good understanding UK national and international codes and standards
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.