- Act as a process engineer in the project and collaborate with the team members to meet the objectives of the project.
- Identify, report and follow-up risk within own area of responsibilities.
- Prepare/ Review Process specifications during engineering.
- Participate in the selection of Vendors/ Contractors.
- Be responsible for internal checks of process documents being prepared by Licensors, Contractor and Vendors, to ensure that the quality and safety aspects of the work.
- Ensure that the process design is safe and suitable for operation.
- Ensure experience transfer from Yara ammonia plants are built into the plant engineering, fabrication and operation.
- Ensure the integration of main process with utilities: Demin water, waste water treatment, auxiliary boiler, air separation unit (air and nitrogen), cooling water (sea water).
- Assist the Contractor in solving technical queries during the engineering, procurement, fabrication, site construction, commissioning and start-up.
- Participate in HAZOP, 3D model review workshops, Value engineering sessions etc..
- Liaise with different stakeholders during all project phases
Knowledge grows through differences
- MSc / Bachelor Degree in Chemical Process Engineering / Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in either ammonia / hydrogen / methanol processes or Utilities.
- Knowledge of Autothermal Reforming design or operation is a plus
- Ability to collaboratively work in a team through various phases of projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Project experience on a large scale project including engineering, commissioning and start-up is a plus
Yara is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that creating a diverse and inclusive work environment is not only the right thing, but also the smart thing to do. To deliver on this, Yara has firmly anchored Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) in our business strategy and has more than 400 employees worldwide involved in DEI ambassador networks.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.