Where you fit in
The chosen candidate will work as part of a global team in the IDT (Information & Digital Technology) organization. IDT drives business value through providing world class technical, functional, and consulting expertise to deliver the right skills, at the right time.
As a Business Analyst, you will support Shell LNG Marketing & Trading teams working in the D&A team (providing support to the Data & Analytics capability for the SLMT business area), the Freight for the future team (working on IMOS/Freight improvements) or in the Salesforce team (delivering digital transformation to a variety of business areas on the Salesforce platform). The teams all share the objective of empowering enhanced trading decisions through access to trusted data and robust, scalable analytical models and visualizations along with automating business processes and integrating existing tools. Business teams using this data include short- and long-term LNG and freight trading teams for a range of analysis including forecasting and LNG trading decisions. You will experience a great opportunity to participate in delivering IT solutions in support of Shell's Energy Transformation.What's the role?
Working as a subject matter expert in Shell LNG Trading, Freight, and Operations, you would lead the identification and documentation of business requirements, working with technical teams to determine feasible solution options. As a Business Analyst, you would bring Subject Matter Expertise and domain knowledge to help organize and interpret requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders. You would actively manage the requirements through the end-to-end solution delivery lifecycle, from detailed design to implementation, testing and release, and ultimately the transition of expertise to the support teams.
Your role will vary depending on the projects in your portfolio, typically you would perform the following day to day activities:
What we need from you
- Responsible for the successful planning and delivery of the project(s) business analysis methods, tools, and technology.
- Acts as product SME for the associated delivery teams, developing a position as trusted advisor.
- Close alignment with Business and IT Manager teams to align on product roadmap, demand pipeline, capacity, and capability requirements.
- Ability to travel to business hubs (Singapore/ Dubai/ UK/ India) depending on business needs to meet with SLMT Business stakeholders.
- Responsible for assuring functional design, resolves technical and solution design issues collaboratively.
- Ability to coach and mentor wider business analysis team - playing a key role in elevating the overall capabilities around the Business domain and product knowledge.
- Provide leadership to the teams and be responsible for each team members development plan and performance management.
- Point of escalation for issues which adversely affect systems performance, design, or functionalities.
- Strong leadership, sound analytical skill and change management capabilities to work independently on transformation, improvement initiatives, liaising effectively with senior stakeholders and vendors on complex problems etc.
- Describe technology in terms easily understood by business customers and set realistic customer expectations for the project outcome. Adjust customer expectations in accordance with changes in scope.
- Generate innovative approaches to existing problems or new opportunities.
- Work closely with stakeholders to build trust and understand their goals, motivations, constraints, risks, and operating environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering is a must.
- Minimum of 4+ years of IT Business Analysis experience or 6+ years IT experience.
- Knowledge of physical commodities, trading markets and organizations (LNG, physical gas or oil).
- Detailed knowledge of the LNG Market.
- Able to demonstrate a wide variety of skills including Freight & IMOS or Salesforce or strong Data and Analysis (SQL/Migration, Analytics etc.) capabilities.
- Experience working in fast-paced project delivery using AGILE methods.
- CBAP, CSM, CSPO and PSPO Certifications would be nice to have.
- Knowledge of Business Analysis techniques and tools with significant experience in project deliverables including the ability to:
- Precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements.
- Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options.
- Visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems and concepts.
- A delivery focus in terms of closing out tasks effectively in addition to realizing planned business benefits alongside users. Consistent business case/solution cost-benefit awareness to ensure the right focus is being given to each task to provide maximum benefit to stakeholders.
- Experience working in geographically distributed teams with strong Stakeholder Management skills.
- Good to have experience of working directly with traders on trader models.
- Experience in Oil & Gas, Energy, Power and Investment Banking industries are preferred.
- Proficient in English communication verbal and written.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas, and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.