The Wells Materials Management
(MM) team plays a key role in supporting the business to achieve Best in Class performance, given the heightened cost awareness throughout the business, MM and the Material Analyst
(MA) role is seen a key enabler to facilitate the unlocking of significant Business Improvement opportunities associated with engaging with all our Key Stakeholder both Internally and Externally. The MA role provides confidence to the business through the supply chain by achieving high vendor performance, Optimised Stock Levels and reliability which is essential for Shell to be competitive in this business segment. Ensuring that Wells related goods and services are delivered "right first time" (on time and on budget at best price) whilst meeting our HSSE and performance expectations is essential to the success of the MA role.
- As a member of the Wells MM Team you will be accountable for the delivery of Wells materials from planning phase through to execution of the Well in a challenging, commercial, and technical environment, providing support to the Wells business through a high-level of activity over the next 18-24months.
- Scope of the role is to improve, manage and execute relevant aspects of Wells Inventory, Contract Management, Warehouse/Yard and Vendor Management
- Establish efficient and effective supply chain, assist the IA to ensure optimum Inventory Levels are maintained. Identify and deliver continuous improvement opportunities to the MM team and Wells business through opportunities realised through re-use, gate keeping and price challenges which will be recorded in FIT4.
Skill and Requirements:
- You will be responsible for enabling the safe delivery Wells of materials to rig site, "right material, right time first time".
- Ensuring sufficient Inventory is available to meet latest drilling programme requirements while maintaining overall right sizing of that Inventory.
- Aligning inventory replenishment activities to latest market conditions and lead times.
- Management of RLM SAP Process for visibility to direct charge materials.
- Management and control of Wells safety/contingency stock requirements (SAP).
- Provision of Ordering advice to new UK Projects.
- Maintain relevant master data.
- Ensure compliance.
- Reconciliations of all Networks/WO to ensure projects receive credits at the earliest opportunities.
- Support and help Finance with Material related issues.
- Ensure all movements in and out SAP are carried out at the earliest opportunity for Vendors with no SAP access.
- Contribute to Team Dashboards and be able to understand and present all the data
- Act as a Contract Management Team member.
- General knowledge of Contracting and Procurement processes, as well as a solid understanding of Material Management.
- Proven track record of delivery experience. Proven team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of day-to-day functions of a warehouse, including; goods receipt, picking, kitting dispatch, preservation.
- Experience in managing third party contracts.
- Experience in managing/ coaching staff/ contractors in an operational environment and in the use of SAP.
- Experience in using Key Performance Indicators to monitor performance.
- Experience in Contract Management.
- Understanding of Shell's Warehouse standards and policies.
- Experience managing multiple cross-business stakeholders i.e. Maintenance, Projects, CP, Logistics.
- Skilled in the use of SAP-MM to manage materials, plans and resourcing.
- Good understanding of Well Construction/Design.