Shell Asset Management Company B.V. (SAMCo) in the Hague is the dedicated in-house asset manager for the Royal Dutch Shell plc group sponsored pension funds and insurance companies and currently manages around USD 80 billion of assets for its clients. SAMCo is supervised by the Authority for the Financial Markets (AFM) and the Dutch Central Bank (DNB). The company is internationally oriented with clients in 10 different countries and approximately 200 employees. SAMCo's objective is to provide high quality and cost-effective investment advice and asset management services to its clients. On behalf of its clients, SAMCo invests in fixed income, equities, and alternative investment categories such as private equity funds and other investment funds, all over the world. Specific parts of the activities are also outsourced to external managers. Continuous change in financial markets and regulations as well as the diversity of SAMCo's clients and the products they invest in, make it a professionally challenging environment to work in.
We are currently looking to recruit a Regulatory Reporting Officer
to join the Reporting team in the Controllers department. The Regulatory Reporting Officer will report to the Regulatory Reporting Manager and will be responsible for accurate and timely reporting to our regulators and other relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure regulatory compliance .
SAMCo operates in a highly regulated environment with significant oversight from regulators, internal and external audits. The Regulatory Reporting Officer is expected to work with tight deadlines to process transactions and dependency on third parties to receive information in time. The complexity of the function is furthermore driven by the continuous changing regulatory landscape and the increased oversight from regulators and consolidation at NL/EU level. This results in more frequent and deeper reporting requirements while continuously trading off between controlling the operations and the commercial direction of front office. What's the role?
We'll entrust you to:
What we need from you
- Be part of setting up and positioning a new team within SAMCo
- Understand current legislative requirements and anticipating upcoming regulatory requirements, like MiFID II, FTK, SFDR, AIFMD, SEC
- Support preparation and performing oversight on periodic regulatory reports and disclosures
- Support timely implementation of new regulations coming from regulators such as EIPOA, ESMA, AFM and DNB
- Assess and address incoming KYC requests from counterparties (external asset managers, brokers, custodians)
- Support compliance and oversight over the various internal investment pools
- Maintain SAMCo's regulatory disclosure websites and the external websites
Required knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Experience with regulatory reporting and legislative requirements in financial markets
- Learner mindset in general and specifically to ensure that asset management legislation and regulations knowledge is maintained
- Strong analytical skills
- Pro-active, identify issues and solve problems
- Team player
- Delivery through others is a key requirement
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English (Dutch is a pre)
- Ability to engage with external parties
A competitive remuneration package based on the prevailing conditions, policies and legislation in the Netherlands will be offered for this position.