Shell is seeking Individuals who are passionate about customer service and driving our commercial success. Here's a role that will develop and grow your professional and personal skills, with the chance to make a real difference within a supportive, positive company. This role will be based in the Cambridgeshire & Anglia area. Therefore, we require the successful candidate to live in this area
. Where you fit in
Shell Mobility represents the single largest customer-facing business in the organization, with over 44,000 Petrol stations across more than 70 countries. As we look to the future, Mobility is critical to establish Shell as The Low Carbon Leader. Our ambition is to be the number 1 mobility and convenience retailer, with the world's leading Electric Vehicle (EV) charging network and lead in business and goods mobility platform.
With over 1,100 service stations across the United Kingdom, each Commercial Territory Manager (CTM) will be managing all stations within their respective regions. The CTM forms part of the Mobility Sales Team and reports to a District Manager. What's the role?
As a CTM, you will manage territory within a defined geography, averaging from 40-50 Service Stations within Cambridgeshire/Anglia and surrounding areas (could be less or more).
In this role, you are accountable in delivering Territory targets on profitability, sales, customer service and safety and to be an active part of the country leadership driving continual improvement in the overall performance of the business.
In addition, you are expected to have a detailed understanding of the relevant contract/s. You are also expected to ensure that the Independent Retailers are actively managed, using the correct governance, to deliver strong commercial results, achieving or overachieving our joint business plan.
Your further responsibilities include:
What we need from you
- Proactively lead the Health and Safety agenda in the Territory.
- Maximize Value & Profit for Shell and delivering the agreed business plans.
- Manage and motivate Retailers to ensure that the required competencies are in place to meet current and future business needs, adapting your style & behaviours to meet the specific nuance of all Retailer platforms.
- Ensure the readiness for safe delivery of significant convenience retail growth and the digital & energy transition landscape.
- Monitor and anticipate competitor activity and implement appropriate response strategies by working with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure regulatory compliance and protect license to operate at all times.
We're keen to hear from individuals who have substantial Retail experience, knowledgeable in Retail Operations, and proven track record of delivering business targets. Beyond that, we'd hope to see as many of the following as possible on your CV:
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities, in any given period you will be involved in many activities and the ability to prioritise and deliver is key.
- Commercial Acumen and the ability to translate data into clear insights, being able to conduct in-depth commercial discussion with a Retailer using multiple data sources and insights to gain commitment for action.
- Excellent Indirect Channel Management, the Relationship with the end customer is conducted through the Retailer so the understanding of the Legal & Moral Framework is vital.
- Good Negotiating Skills, ensuring that negotiations are strong and fair, and that the outcome delivers results for Shell.
- Substantial Coaching Experience, the ability to deliver Coaching to the Retailer to deliver the mutual business plan and drive for growth.
- Performance Management skills, recognising good performance and addressing any gaps in performance swiftly to ensure delivery of goals is completed, using the contract to remind both parties of the commitments.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills, demonstrating that you can manage a complex portfolio in a fast-paced environment.
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part. An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.