Subsea Lead (Valves and Connectors)
Permeant Staff Position
Looking for a passionate Subsea Valves & Connector Lead to join the team at London office on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Structures Discipline Manager, Subsea Valves and Connectors Lead will be responsible for day-to-day management of GPC and AP Valve & Connector Engineers to ensure successful delivery of Projects & Tenders against baseline requirements.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Ensures the Valve and Connector Engineers technical deliverables are consistent to maintain contractual, code compliance and the relevant agreements are formalised in due time to commercially protect the company (i.e., Client approved TSOWs or TDRQs, Supplier Clarifications and Deviations).
- Coordinates output of the team deliverables (MTO, Data Sheets, TSOWs) to ensure control and consistency in approach across projects - carrying forward lessons learnt.
- Ensure output of team and products is value-engineered and optimised from a technical, commercial and schedule perspective.
- Focal point for COE and Continuous Improvement within the Discipline - actively taking lead on topics such as standardisation of:
- Valve/Connector designs
- Materials requirements
- Work in collaborations with our Alliance Partners, Clients and Suppliers to enhance value proposition.
- Focal point for Project Engineering Manager's on FEEDs, Tenders and Projects.
- Establish & coordinate critical touch points with other disciplines.
- Implementation of HSE/Quality/Technical best practices across scopes to align with the core values. Ensure feedback loop from executed projects and Management of Change is controlled.
- Training and mentoring of junior engineers.
What experience would we like you to have?
- Extensive and proven experience and knowledge of the requirements of various subsea valves and connector types - specifically those frequently utilised within the company's' core products.
- Commercial awareness - ensuring high-value packages are subject to value engineering to minimise cost whilst maintaining compliance.
- Experience of effectively leading engineering teams, coordinating resources and technical deliverables against deadlines.
- Proactively maintain interfaces with multiple disciplines including structural, piping, materials, welding, quality engineers and supply chain.
- Ability to identify cost, risk and opportunity to ensure MCO is maintained and highlighting when this is exposed to project and discipline management.
- Mobility to travel for global design opportunities and valve procurement activities (PPM, FAT and qualification testing etc) at SUPPLIERs.
- Hold extensive interpersonal skills
- Interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, supply chain management, client, and suppliers.
- Ability to prioritise own workload as well as team resource, manage time accordingly and actively align deliverables deadlines across projects to smooth resource utilisation.
- Good organisational skills and smart working methods.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.