- Be an HSE role model and ensure that HSE is never compromised.
- Responsible for executing all construction activities in accordance with safety policies and procedures and promoting a Safety-First culture amongst company and contractor personnel.
- Responsible for execution of the work in accordance with the quality standards and requirements specified for the project. Manages and controls project cost and schedule of assigned disciplines / subset of onsite construction.
- Management of installation, commissioning and completion activities of materials and equipment.
- Coordinates field personnel work schedules to maximize utilization and ensure work is delivered on schedule.
- Ability to monitor work progress and report against the plan.
- Ensure safety, quality and environmental responsibilities and accountabilities have been defined and communicated to workers engaged within their area(s) of control.
- Ensure all workers within their area(s) of control receive appropriate training to perform their work in a safe, legal, and competent manner including any Health and Safety and site-specific inductions.
- Initiate safety, quality and environmental process, including toolbox meetings, inspections, and the identification, assessment and control of risks in accordance Client's requirements.
- Implement Project Quality Plan and direct resources to ensure facilities are completed to project specification and requirements.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of the Project Level baseline schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring Early Work progress and performance are on schedule and as planned.
- Identify and lead interface management with HSE / Logistics / Operations on the Projects.
- Manage site constructability and construction input during detailed design and construction.
- Manage all modularization, prefabrication, and installation works.
- Review and provide input on staffing and skill levels for all project / construction personnel at site and modularization / prefabrication areas.
- Review and approve Early Works Contractors construction plans, procedures, and schedules.
- Provide effective and practical site and Project management during the construction phase of the project.
- Responsible for all construction related planning, civil/mechanical/E&I, team management supervision, reporting on all aspects of the site construction phase of projects from constructability review through to mechanical completion.
- Develop detailed construction sequence and schedule to maximize the efficiency of on-site contractors, based on the forecast availability of equipment and engineering deliverables.
- Manage the site construction supervision team and set daily priorities in accordance with overall project schedule.
- Review and approve the construction program and ensure that detailed construction schedules are prepared for all areas and erection activities to ensure goals, objectives and all project elements are accomplished within budget, time, and quality.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering in Mechanical or Civil or industrial Engineering.
- A minimum of 20 years' experience in construction management and execution of major upstream Oil and Gas projects, of which a minimum of 5 - 7 years' experience as construction manager or leadership roles with proven track record for offsite assignments
- Experienced in the implementation of industry best practices and Company's systems, processes, and standards.
- Proven ability to apply sound judgment and analytical skills due to the complex and diversified nature of the position.
- Extensive skills in management and leadership, team building, effective communication, conflict resolution and presentations
- Excellent interpersonal organizational, communication and team building skills
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.