We are seeking an experienced Scheduling Engineer to join our Global Manufacturing Support Department under Manufacturing Capital Efficiency Division (MCED).
MCED is responsible for the planning and execution of Downstream projects across Global Manufacturing facilities. MCED oversee Global Manufacturing Admin Area level Project Portfolio's by ensuring quality and enhancing efficiency of capital projects through effective planning and execution whereas each Facility Department (FD) has its own Project Unit (PU) to participate in capital functions.
Your primary role will be to work with construction agencies in reviewing and approving the Project Master Schedule using the Critical Path Method methodology.Key Responsibilities
As the successful candidate you will be required to perform the following:
- Participate in scheduling kick-off meetings alongside construction agencies and detailed engineering contractors.
- Support Project Engineers in setting schedule expectations with detailed engineering contractor.
- Review Level II Schedule and key milestone dates such as delivery of Long Lead items, MC, etc.
- Monitor and control the progress as per Level II approved schedule.
- Participate (if required) in Level III scheduling kick-off meeting.
- Monitor and control the progress as per Level III approved schedule.
- Verify baseline for Project Proposal and if required rebase line schedule.
- Facilitate scope of work meetings and scope of work challenges.
- Review all documentation for completeness and compliance.
- Conduct full review of the latest schedule update and Cross-check progress with the Progress Measurement System (PMS).
- Ensure the Level IV schedule meets the requirements of the contract.
- Analyze and monitor the plan, actual and schedule forecast for active projects, including critical path, milestones, progress and productivities etc.
- Calculate, on a monthly basis, the applicable project schedule related KPIs, identify gaps, analyze root-causes & implement corrective actions.
- Consolidate overall KPIs and review root causes, analysis and recommend corrective actions.
- Review/validate monthly progress reports and updated Contractor monthly schedule.
- Evaluate current status, and review proposed actions to recover delays.
- You must hold a Bachelor degree in engineering, preferably in mechanical/industrial engineering.
- You should have a minimum of 10 years' experience in mega project scheduling activities within the Oil & Gas Industry, preferably within the downstream sector (Petrochemical or Refinery). This should cover all aspects i.e. Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Project's phases.
- You must be able to demonstrate an overall knowledge of project planning, scheduling and execution management.
- It is preferable to have PMP or Pmi-SP Active Certificate.
- You must also be an expert user in MS Excel and Primavera P6 v.15 or higher.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.