Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting Offshore TPE IV/ Senior Instrumentation Engineer to join our Offshore Maintain Potential Program (OMPP) in Al - Khobar, Saudi Arabia OMPP is a multi - year, multi program venture covering both greenfield and brownfield offshore projects here in Saudi Arabia the scope of this program includes Engineering & Design, Procurement and Construction Management
- Coordinate with lead and senior instrumentation and control engineers to ensure full compliance of the project
- Ensure projects are completed satisfactorily on time and within budget
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge on field instrumentation equipment and accessories required for process measurement such as PT, FE, FT, TW, TT, JBs, control and shutdown system and marshalling cabinets
- Demonstrate knowledge on control systems such as RTU, SCADA, ESD, HIPS, F&G systems, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge on electrical systems for instrumentation and instrumentation communication protocols as Modbus RTU, fieldbus, HART, Ethernet (TCP/IP), RS-485, RS-232, etc.
- Create and/or modify instrumentation and control deliverables as ISS, IBD, ILD, I/O list, wiring diagram, interconnection diagrams, schedules, layout, cause and effect diagram, etc.
- Create and/or modify instrumentation and control documents such as project SoW, BoD , RTU, SCADA, ESD, HIPS specifications.
- Prepare instrumentation and control related studies SoW and TBE
- Provide input to project assessment report on instrumentation and control tasks
- Prepare, modify and review MTOs
- Perform site visit and reports on instrumentation and control tasks when required
- Prepare instrumentation deliverables on-time for hook-up / Tie-in projects
- Provide instrumentation input to Client construction support and Procurement queries on instrumentation and control related tasks
Skills / Qualifications
- Interface with the Project Management team and Client on instrumentation and control tasks
- Resolve Instrumentation and control related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes, and standards.
- Required: + 10 years in the Oil and Gas, Refining, or Chemical Industry with minimum 2 years Offshore Brownfield / Greenfield, Study / Pre - FEED / FEED of Offshore Projects
- Professional Qualifications / Certifications: Membership in a recognized professional engineering association including ISA, CFSP, and/or TUV FS Engineer would be highly preferred
- Academic Qualifications: B. Sc. Engineering in Instrumentation, Control , Electrical, Mechanical, or equivalent disciplines with register i n the SCE or with full requirements for join ing
- Additional Qualification : A good working knowledge of current industry specific technology and the application of current engineering software / tools
- Knowledge on international i nstrumentation related standards as ISA, IEC, API, PIP, etc. and Saudi Aramco instrumentation related standards
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.