Overview / Responsibilities
Wood's Projects business unit specialises in delivering predictable and consistent results in high complexity projects that include new technology, challenging construction logistics and, or sheer scale. Just like the nature and expansiveness of our sectors, so is our Projects business, in its solutions, abilities and global track record. Across any major capital project lifecycle, we provide a full suite of solutions from programme and project management, to engineering and design, procurement, construction and project delivery.
Powered by a global team of more than 12,000 people, we deliver some of the world's boldest and most critical projects
in many diverse and evolving sectors, including:
- Upstream / Midstream / Downstream Oil & Gas
- Renewable Energy
- Mining & Minerals
- Industrials & Manufacturing
- Life Sciences
- Government services
The SPF / SDx administrator's primary responsibility will be to develop, implement and administer the SmartPlant Foundation or SDx (SPF/SDx) application for our client and project team.
All associated production, training, acceptance testing and ongoing development of multiple environments according to the established policies and procedures.
The administrator shall collaborate with the Client PMC team and shall establish and enhance technical solutions to assist with maintenance and support of the SPF/SDX application, environments, and servers. The administrator must interact with SmartPlant users (SPI/SPEL/S3D/SPPID) to identify, analyse, troubleshoot and resolve problems that arise between the applications in an integrated environment. If necessary, they need to coordinate with other Information Services and Engineering organizations within the Client environment to implement the solution or resolve problems. Additionally, the administrator is responsible for compliance with Wood (and any client) policies and processes, and for performing all duties and activities in a safe and ethical manner.
What we can offer
- Duties & Responsibilities
- Application Administrator Duties
- Create and manage SPF/SDX User Accounts
- Field SmartPlant User calls and requests
- Monitor server performance and implement approved recommendations
- Ensure server administration tools and maintenance activities are functioning properly
and modify as necessary
- Perform reporting duties as required to the Client and PMC teams
- Identify and Implement administrative tools to improve monitoring and maintenance
- Assist Client team to perform server upgrades (SPF/SDX Core releases, Site releases, Oracle required upgrades, configuration changes, etc.) per established change control processes
- Perform development activities as directed by Company PD and SGS development team.
Fixes causes, not just symptoms and work to eliminate recurring problems.
- Watch for trends that indicate potential problems and then eliminates the problems
before they occur.
- Keep Client/PMC team informed of trends, significant problems, unexpected delays and anything new in the environment.
- Keep project team and users informed of problems, scheduled downtime or anything
that affects the environment.
- Keep customers informed of progress on problems that cannot be resolved immediately
If all of this sounds good to you, review the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood. Skills / Qualifications
- Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry across the energy transition, emerging and conventional energy sectors
- A caring team culture; we support each other professionally and personally, encouraging knowledge sharing across all areas of the business
- Energy Transition Academy; join a community of experts sharing your knowledge and gaining more exposure to a variety of existing and emerging energy systems - delivered by experts in their field
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive renumeration package with regular reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Flexible benefits package inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays),plus the potential for one additional 'flex day' per month. Further benefits include a generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Global connections ; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
- BSc Engineering or technical equivalent.
- Significant experience in E&P engineering environment.
- Previous experience in E&P Information Management.
- Is proficient in SPF/SDx
- Previous experience in applying the SPF/SDx Portal Development and Administration skills to upstream oil and gas projects with experience on major capital projects.
- Experience in .NET Programming, ASP, C#, XML, SQL, SQL Server, Oracle Databases, SSRS Reporting tools, IIS.
- Possesses solid knowledge/experience (multiple years) of SPF/SDx Portal administration in the support of major projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and MSProject).
- Good understanding of FEED/detail design deliverables for projects.
You may read these details and consider not applying because your knowledge, experience and skills base doesn't fully cover every item listed, and that's understandable. However, we'd still like to hear from you. At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences. So even if you feel you don't have everything listed, but think you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges and grow your potential....do apply. Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.