Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions (WTS) is a worldwide leader in water recovery, treatment, and reuse. We design and supply a range of water systems, from food and beverage applications, to municipal water, to microelectronics ultrapure water and heavy industrial wastewater treatment.
At WTS, we realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every rung of the ladder and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer challenging and meaningful careers, with competitive benefits and flexible work arrangements.
The NAM Legal Entity Controller is an integral member of the finance and accounting services team, reporting to the Global Controller-NAM Region. The position oversees and participates in the book close, financial analytics, statutory reporting, coordination of local audits, balance sheet reviews & reconciliations, compliance with internal controls, implementation of Corporate Policies and Procedures and accurate, timely reporting legal entities trial balance to the consolidation team. coordination of income tax computations and returns for the NAM Region including the US, and Canada.
The person should have a solid working knowledge of both Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and accounting analysis skills. You should possess strong Excel skills, be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with limited supervision and perform under pressure. Partner with other departments in providing accounting expertise to achieve financial reporting integrity.
The position also acts as a central contact person for all queries, internal and external, for the legal entities in the Region. As such, enhanced written and verbal communication skills are required.Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly, and annual IFRS reporting in accordance with Corporate submission deadlines including trial balance review, review of all balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis against prior year.
- Working with Corporate Controllers Group, implement and maintain accounting systems, procedures, accounting policies and internal controls across the NAM Region, recommending and leading improvements where necessary.
- Preparation/approval of journal entries for period end accounting close and maintain supporting documentation.
- Performing review and certification (in blackline) the general ledger account reconciliation for NAM legal entities.
- Responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of local country statutory reporting (statutory accounts, corporate income tax returns, Sales & Use tax, GST/PST/HST returns and claims) in conjunction with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Works in collaboration with Accenture global process team ensuring accuracy of trail balance for NAM legal entities.
- Support the preparation of the external audit, working with colleagues across the accounting function to plan and produce audit schedules in a timely manner, learning from previous year's audits.
- Understanding financial reporting & accounting (IFRS)
- Controls focused, experience working with external auditors
- Advance knowledge of Excel application and functions. (Pivot tables, Macros & V-lookup)
Education & ExperienceRequired
- Inclusive: Passioned for working in different cultures and environments, in a collaborative organization with a diversity team.
- Team Player: Ability to work with others toward a shared goal, participating actively, accountable and committed to the entire team respecting peers, leadership, stakeholders, and clients.
- Inspirational: Excellent oral and written communication skills: Communicate clearly and professionally with Finance and non-Finance professionals within the organization being able to inspire others.
- Flexibility: Adapt and respond to the changing environment and to constructively create opportunities for change through active participation.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- At least seven years' experience in financial accounting and reporting environment.
- Three to five years' experience in SAP or other large ERP platforms.
- Prior experience in Manufacturing industry.
- CPA, CMA or MBA
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Five years of experience with project accounting
- Three years of experience with Blackline software.
- Annual travel required. 15%