Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Epsom, United Kingdom
Computational Fluid Dynamics Engineer
Our Client is seeking enthusiastic and driven candidates to join our world-class Fluid Mechanics team based in Epsom, Surrey. We are looking for CFD Engineers with around 3-5 years' experience. Joining our team, you would be using advanced Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis on projects to solve problems for our clients in a consultancy setting. The role will allow you to develop technical and project management skills through a mix of targeted training, on the job experience, mentoring and continual professional development.
The clients Fluid Mechanics team provides technical engineering consultancy to the energy industry for problems related to fluid flows and heat transfer. This includes projects in conventional oil and gas, as well as the energy transition (for example LNG, hydrogen and offshore wind). Typical projects include safety assessments (gas dispersion, fire modelling, explosion analysis, gas detection) as well as hydrodynamic assessments, heat transfer and flow assurance. We also support a range of other sectors including power and the built environment.
Innovation is at the heart of our team as we strive to continuously improve our capability and efficiency.
Our reputation is centred on delivering the right engineering solutions to our clients' problems. We value the relationships we have with our clients: you would help to improve the engineering service we provide, and to build close relationships with the client, founded on trust and delivery.
We are looking for people who relish technically challenging engineering projects. You will be passionate and driven to improve the way we do things and deliver above and beyond to clients. You will be a proactive team player with excellent communication and presentation skills. You will be highly organised and enjoy a fast-paced working environment.
• Deliver projects as part of a team. Technical excellence is key to our success, and you would help build on this tradition.
• Produce high quality deliverables to clients, meeting time and cost targets.
• Support the development of junior engineers through our projects.
• Support the development of our internal innovations, tools and capability.
• Assist in the preparation of cost estimates and bids for new work scopes.
• Build relationships with existing and new clients through project work and tendering opportunities.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
• Master's Degree (MEng or equivalent) in mechanical engineering or related discipline
• Chartered or actively working towards chartership status.
• Experience of CFD modelling in Star-CCM+, or other comparable software.
• Strong understanding of the fundamentals of fluid mechanics and heat transfer.
• Excellent report writing, presentation and communication skills.
• Desirable: experience in the energy industry and/or consultancy setting
• Desirable: CFD experience in gas dispersion, fire or blast modelling, exhaust dispersion modelling
Details about the role:
Location: Epsom, Surrey, United Kingdom
Contract type: Full Time Employee
Experience level: 3-5 years
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!