Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking for TPE IV / Senior Structural Engineer t o work on the engineering and project management services in Al Khobar office
Skills / Qualifications
- The experienced Civil / Structural Engineer will be checking all Civil / Structural activities and provide technical support and expertise; works under general direction of principal offshore structural engineer and independently.
- Key Responsibilities Provide civil / structural engineering expertise to a variety of Upstream and Downstream projects
- Structural Design and Analysis of fixed offshore structures (pre-service & in-service)
- Steel Jacket and topside Platforms and Jack-Up Rigs Structural Inspection, Rehabilitation and Upgrading
- Application of metocean design criteria (wind and wave) Offshore structural Foundations and pilings.
- BS degree in the field of Civil / Structural Engineering., MS is recommended
- Minimum 10 - 15 years of work experience as a civil structural engineer working in oil & gas, petrochemical industries, design and analysis of offshore structures and project engineering
- Strong technical & analytical skills
- Experience with the design of fixed offshore structures, such as, Steel Jacket Platforms, Jack-up Rigs, Float-over, is mandatory
- Experience with onshore structures, such as plant buildings & foundations, & tank foundations, pipe racks, cooling towers, pavements and drainage Ability to evaluate different conceptual designs
- Familiarity with structural analysis and design software (e.g. SACS, STAAD Pro,).
- Familiar with construction practices such as welding techniques, lifting and loadout schemes.
- Designed and led drawing development of an offshore structure / topside module from layout stage to as-built stage.
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills are essential Willing to work in a remote area and able to travel as required.
- Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents, and material and equipment specifications.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.