Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an opportunity for a Senior Technical Safety Engineer
to join our team in Qatar on a long term basis. This is a key role within the Wood Doha office delivering across EPC, PMC, FEED, Pre-FEED, Concept and Feasibility scopes of work. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of project work in accordance with the project execution plan, including Wood and/or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control within the man-hour, cost and the project schedule targets.
Reflecting the market focus for the office in both brownfield and green field opportunities, multi-skilled personnel are sought, in particular those with experience in:
- Onshore Oil and Gas
- Offshore Oil and Gas
Skills / Qualifications
- Use techniques, spreadsheets, databases and proprietary software as necessary to perform safety study assessments and generate project deliverable documents, including production, checking and approval as required
- Preparation of design deliverables including philosophies, reports, studies, specifications, data sheets, drawings, etc whilst following all applicable operational procedures
- Coordinating and liaison with other engineering disciplines as necessary in the preparation and development of the deliverables and ensuring that other disciplines' input is incorporated
- Ensure compliance with relevant specifications as well as applicable national/ international regulations, codes and standards
- Responsible for the review and approval of vendor documentation as applicable to the discipline
- Ensuring Purchasing and Estimating Departments have technical information for obtaining costs and availability of Technical Safety equipment and materials
- Maintain effective interfaces between the Technical Safety project team and other disciplines' teams, Client representatives and other third parties as required
- Represent the Technical Safety discipline internally and externally on design issues they are involved in
- Provide progress reporting and forecasting input to the Lead Technical Safety Engineer as required
- Follow standard working procedures and ensure that compliance with relevant QA/QC systems is achieve.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience
- Degree in appropriate engineering subject
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in similar role.
- Experience of safety engineering in the offshore oil and gas industry
- Experience of office working and of working within a project team
- Experience of participation in project design reviews such as HAZID, ENVID and/or HAZOP
- Ability to use Technical Safety software pertinent to design reviews (e.g. DNV Phast & Safeti, Gexcon Shell FRED & Shepherd, Sunrise Pipenet, Schlumberger Flaresim)
- NGL experience is an additional advantage.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.