IT | IT Service Operation
We are a global technology company, driving energy innovation for a balanced planet.
At SLB we create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy for the benefit of all. That is our purpose. As innovators, that's been our mission for 100 years. We are facing the world's greatest balancing act- how to simultaneously reduce emissions and meet the world's growing energy demands. We're working on that answer. Every day, a step closer.
Our collective future depends on decarbonizing the fossil fuel industry, while innovating a new energy landscape. It's what drives us. Ensuring progress for people and the planet, on the journey to net zero and beyond. For a balanced planet.
The Network Engineer is responsible for deploying, monitoring and maintaining networking environments encompassing the communication of data, voice, text and images for customers. You will be part of the Connectivity (Network) Team based that support 7 GeoUnits covering Europe, Africa and Scandinavia. This job involves working with remote teams, internet client facing and flextime .
- Ensure that procedures are defined and executed for Event Management according to the process and policy requirements.
- Maintain the network support process.
- Develop training materials and ensure that Event Management staff receive training.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Interact with vendors and contractors to secure network products.
- Implement best practice policies and procedures for all projects.
- Maintain accurate status records for ongoing projects.
- Deploy LANs, WANs and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, and other communication hardware.
- Maintain documentation network configuration, network mapping, processes and service records.
- Test and monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Use network management software and other tools to collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Implement policies and procedures for network administration, usage and disaster recovery.
- Install new network equipment and software upgrades.
- Participate in implementing network security solutions.
- Understand and utilize problem escalation procedures.
- Adhere to all standards of confidentiality and security.
- Escalate problems, requirements and special issues as appropriate .
- Lead and guide junior members of the team.
- Work with decision makers, stakeholders and customers to define business requirements, system goals and help resolve customer issues.
- Ensure best practices and lessons learned are documented for the wider technical community.
Experience & Exposures:
- Project Management & Agile
- Operations and Support
- Infrastructure Management
- Cisco certifications holder - CCNP i s essential
BlueFlex : We are open to flexible, hybrid working with a combination of on-site & home working days.
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color , religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.