Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Field Service Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Sugar Land, Texas, United States
Position Title: Manufacturing Assembler
• Verify proper components are received per work order's pick list prior to build.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams and assembly prints.
• Use hand tools to crimping, soldering and screw bolts.
• Connect components wires to boards and/or other components using solder, crimped connectors or equivalent.
• Mount components on chassis panel, tool kit or equivalent.
• Troubleshoot and resolve problems associated with products and assemblies.
• Perform continuity tests on completed assemblies.
• Ability to verify assembled products and tools assemblies perform by co-workers.
• Ability to perform potting, cleaning, stamping and engraving.
• Ability to adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics.
• May perform assembly operations under microscope or other magnifying.
• PC Skills: Must be familiar with using different manufacturing applications and be able to navigate simple software.
• Familiarity of process documentation.
• Understand and perform daily 6S activities and participate in lean manufacturing projects.
• Perform other work-related task as required as assigned.
• Wear PPE at all times and observe health, safety and environmental policies
• Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to forklift, drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving)
Specialized Knowledge & Skills (If Applicable) in the following areas:
• Read schematics.
• Understand Bills of Material and parent/Child structures.
• Certified in industry workmanship standards (IPC 610, 620, etc…)
• Understand soldering High temperature (HMP) and/or low temperature (SN96) and/or certification is preferred.
• Understand ESD protection principles
• Understand international standards for process control (ISO 9001 etc…)
• Ability to assemble and test repetitive products and troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Accurately assemble products with minimum assistance.
• Perform basic functional testing.
• Identifying, troubleshoot and resolve problems associated with failures.
• Understands and selects the correct tools and fixtures.
• Able to communicate oral/written with manufacturing support personnel.
• Teamwork. Ability to work effectively in groups of 2-10 people.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions (If Applicable)
• Able to stand for up to 8 hour shift.
• Able to lift 55 lbs.
• Dexterity to use hand tools, fasten small hardware and connect lugged/pinned wires.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.