Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Controls Specialist with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
The successful candidate will form part of a small team supporting project controls enhancements and standardisation globally.
The exciting new role is to help with the delivery of project controls within Wood.
The main objective of this role is to provide corporate project controls support for the operations business unit in Wood. This role involves working with the global project controls management team, supporting in the delivery of various initiatives and includes areas of start-up, monitor and control, and intervention.
Skills / Qualifications Qualifications:
- Support the implementation of the standard Power BI project controls reporting suite
- Assist with the development of new Power BI reports
- Monitor compliance with Wood competency assessment process
- Support the development and execution of any improvement areas identified for project controls
- Promote Wood's global project controls processes and procedures
- Assist with the role out and collection of internal governance reporting requirements
- Support with the delivery of internal initiatives
- Where required, assist projects with tasks associated with cost, scheduling and risk management
- Assist with the key project controls tasks associated with project start up, including implementation of systems and processes
- Liaise with key functions in Wood during start-up/project execution, reporting and other initiatives - such as Finance, Delivery, Assurance etc.
- Work closely with the project controls system support team and become an advanced user in the Wood corporate project controls systems
- Responsible for personal safety and working within the provisions and guidelines of the Wood HSE processes
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Wood Quality Assurance systems and processes
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Degree in relevant technical or business discipline or can be substituted by suitable industry experience
- Previous experience in project controls role
- Good/Developing knowledge of Project Controls
- Basic understanding of project management principles and techniques
- Good skills in Microsoft Word and very good skills in Microsoft Excel
- Basic knowledge of Power BI preferred
- Demonstrates commitment to Wood Values, Visions & Behaviors
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Effective organization & planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Uses initiative and a proactive approach to problem
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.