Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
A Senior Production Engineer actively participates in Production operations within the company, demonstrating technical domain expertise at a fully qualified level, applied to relatively complex tasks, and provides mentoring and guidance to junior team members. Acting as a key technical contributor, the Production Engineer identifies potential issues or favourable conditions in order to determine high economic recovery and create relevant client product solutions. Strong people skills, communication and presentation skills are critical for success in this role .
Duties & Responsibilities: Independently perform all responsibilities expected of Consultant Production Engineer. Provide technical leadership role for production analysis, and optimize production under surface and reservoir constraints.
- Select ideal IPR based on well productivity. Determine operating point and changes to completion needed over the life of well.
- Identify inflow performance problems and recommend mitigation procedure. Quantify formation damage and its impact on performance.
- Define model inputs necessary for reservoir simulation such as VLP curve, surface or bottomhole pressure constraint
- Perform nodal analysis, tubing lift calculations, tubing lift evaluation.Design, analyse and optimize artificial lift systems including but not limited to gas lift, ESP, rod lift, jet pump etc. Specify equipment and field services required for installation, operation and maintenance of recommended design.
- Identify production issues caused by near wellbore issues e.g. skin or permeability degradation, sand production, wellbore issues e.g. liquid loading, hydrates, paraffin, asphaltenes and recommend solutions to assure optimal flow.
- Build black oil, extended black oil, compositional, EOR and thermal models for well and surface network.
- Perform routine QA/QC on all production and completion data relevant to building production models.
- Independently perform material balance (MB), pressure transient analysis (PTA) and rate transient analysis (RTA) studies to define
- Determine reservoir size, drive mechanism and explain observed pressure depletion
- Provide reservoir PI decline forecast and EUR with uncertainties
- Evaluate surface production facilities impact on short-term, mid-term and long-term field performance by
- Building surface network models incorporating wells, pipelines, pumps, separators and delivery nodes
- Define forecast scenarios incorporating reservoir deliverability constraints, flow capacity, processing capacity and economic constraints.
- Create risk and economic analysis with minimal supervision, prepare recommendations.
- Perform surface network optimization under production constraints, delivery requirements, lift gas availability, injection water availability or produced liquid handling.
- Identify bottlenecks and flow issues impacting performance
- Understand DOF concepts and apply with minimal supervision to:
- Configure and trouble shoot a SCADA system incorporating RTU's, gauges
- Understand configuration requirements and communication protocols necessary to acquire data from field
- Understand data flow between SCADA and production optimization platform to monitor real time production operations
- Perform flow assurance studies with minimal supervision
- Perform risk and economic analysis, with minimal supervision.
- Support multiple disciplinary team to build simulation models to predict reservoir performance incorporate complex geology, reservoir characteristics, multiple wells configurations, and surface facilities integration
- Perform qualitative interpretation of petrophysical inputs and reservoir properties.
- Identify all reservoir, production and completion issues and recommend solutions. Characterize complex reservoir fluids behaviour in order to forecast production.
- Apply understanding of reservoir, wellbore and surface network flow to identify and mitigate near wellbore issues, lift inefficiencies, flow modelling in order to determine fluid flow, phase behaviour and physical properties of the reservoir.
- Evaluate output from reservoir simulation for history match, conformance of forecast constraint to field condition
- Perform reliability and failure analysis of well and surface network to establish root cause analysis of failure and suggest mitigation techniques for future operation
- Define Field Services Management protocols to create, modify, monitor, close activities. Review post jobs reports.
- Perform QA/QC on all results provided to clients and provide technical guidance and oversight to junior professionals or technicians.
- Work independently without general supervision or participate in project teams and, on occasion, act as the lead on small projects.
- Make decisions within established guidelines, seeking advice of senior team members on new or unfamiliar challenges or situations falling outside of normal procedures.
- Work independently or as part of a team on assigned projects as instructed, complying with verbal and written instructions and procedures.
- Meet regularly with clients for pre-sales and pre-job consulting and to present Weatherford answer products. May be accompanied by junior staff or sales staff.
- Produce Weatherford standard answer products on a variety of datasets from basic to highly complex. Integrate results with other technical domains.
- Identify and recommend solutions to technical problems. Make decisions based on industry standards and past experience, in compliance with Weatherford policy, seeking advice on challenges falling outside of normal procedures.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
- Experience in Naturally Flowing and Artificial Lift wells for production optimization
- Well Modelling for Natural Flowing and Artificial Lift Wells
- Surface Network Modelling
- Experience in industry standard tools like Prosper, GAP, PIPESIM, Wellflo, ReO etc.
- Experience in Upstream Oil and Gas projects
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills
- Experience in doing presentations and demos to end customers
- Experience in managing/ mentoring small to mid-size team
- Experience in Design/ Implementing/ Monitoring of digital oil field
- Experience in creating project plans
- Be able to legally work in Egypt without company sponsorship or time restriction.