Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law
As Service Engineer your duties & responsibilities will include:
- Install, Upgrade, and configure SCADA and Production Optimization Systems
- Build Screens, Workflows, Reports to support customer operations and SCADA hardware
- Must be flexible to work on Mon-Fri or Sun-Thur based on the business needs
- Interact with Customers to understand and troubleshoot Product Issues
- Advance in written and verbal communication skills
- Support for 3 rd party application roll out based on business need
- Develop and provide custom solutions, utilities and system integration using scripts along with the procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Participate in software testing during the release cycle as end customer
- Identify cause of problem reported by debugging Program/Scripts and if necessary, correct them or report them to the developers
- Provide support to internal and external clients working on consulting projects which use the company's optimization software.
- Gain a firm understanding of Production Optimization Products and how it works from the users Perspective.
- Able to troubleshoot issues related to SCADA Hardware and Radio communications
- Train users in system usage and administration
- Willing to travel extensively for domestic and foreign 25-50%
- Ready to work at Onshore (oil field on land) as well as Offshore (oil field in sea) customer sites
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Help field support/clients with upgrading and configuring the software.
- Provide customs solutions through scripts.
- Guide a junior member of the deployment team in solving complex issues that may arise
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science/ Electronics / Electrical / Instrumentation / and related streams with 3 to 7 years of experience
- Programming skills in either Python, Visual Basic, C#, C/C++
- Programming skills in SQL, HTML and XML
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, Cyber Security OT network, switches, firewalls is a plus
- Proficient in the design and development of custom solutions to fulfill the needs of customers based on the input of the client's identified value criteria
- Work Experience working with SCADA software
- Be able to legally work in Egypt without company sponsorship or time restriction.
- Experience in the industry; Oil and Gas Industry - Upstream, a similar role trouble shooting or diagnosing problems with hardware and software
- Work Experience working with SCADA software and hardware in oil, gas, or pipeline industries.
- Exposure to Software suppor t