Join the number One Global Lubricants supplier in the world and be part of the team that helps in shaping up the digital and the IDT strategy which delights our customers in over 100 countries across every sector.
If you are looking for a place where you can gain hands-on exposure and have direct impact, then this is the place for you!Where you fit
Manager Data Solutions Global Functions (GF) & Downstream Platforms & Functions (DPF) is a key member of Information Data & Analytics Capability Center in IT Engineering group in Shell IT function.
This leader is responsible for leading a team of savvy Data Engineers, Analysts, visualization engineers who will be responsible for delivering data solutions for GF & DPF using business specific data platforms as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.What's the role?
Lead a large team of data & analytics professionals (200+) who are mainly tasked with building data solutions for Global Functions. They do this by developing, maintaining, and testing infrastructures for data generation working closely with business and other parts of IT engineering like PMs, BAs etc.More specifically, your role will include:
- Lead a team of experts that design, build and implement data platform solutions and strategies
- Communicate with key stakeholders to promote Engineering Designs and solutions.
- Identify the required scale of the resources, securing them and assigning them to individual projects, ensuring our best resources work on the most challenging challenging projects.
- Active recruitment of Data & Analytics professionals and leaders.
- Key interface towards the ITM's / Program Managers within all lines of business to meet the demands
- Prioritize and allocate resources. Manage utilization, upskilling and overall team growth.
- Create the optimum mix of internal and external resources and the desired geographical balance between the IT Hubs and other business proximate locations.
- Define and maintain standards, methodologies,tools and knowledge repositories along with contributing to functional excellence in terms of standards,methods and tools.
- Perform all aspects of staff management Appraisals, staff development plans , management of succession talent pipeline to ensure the next generation of leaders are being identified, coached and mentored - and all other associated line management responsibilities
- Own and drive the technology strategy and future roadmaps working with Architecture, ITSO, internal and external partners and vendors.
The Data solutions team will support the Global Functions their data & analytics needs. The manager is also in charge of demand shaping working with business, architecture and architecture to ensure the consistent, business and technology standards are applied across all projects.What we need from you
We are looking for a candidate with 15+ years of experience and had led a large data & analytics teams and is comfortable working with cutting edge technologies and platforms.
Skills - Nice to Have
- HR, Legal, Finance, SAP Experience S/4 implementation - Major bonus
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines using ADF
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of transforming, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets
- Strong team player with organizational and communication skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment