Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
The role is designed for supporting and leading the delivery of activities carried out by the US Manage Direct Tax team. It involves individual contributor responsibilities as a reviewer & preparation including indirect people management in handling tax compliance, reporting and tax audit examination by IRS and US State tax authorities. It also provides a very good exposure towards stakeholder management as well as Direct tax compliance and Group reporting.
More specifically, the accountabilities include the following -
• Business/process responsibilities and metrics :
Deliver on time and accurate tax reports, returns and payments for migrated activity and tax provision for all businesses in various tax jurisdictions [State, Federal] and adherence to the managerial metrics of the process;
Understand and operate various tax provisioning/compliance tools;
Understand Group Accounting and Reporting changes and enable incorporation of such changes and in the process as may be relevant;
Co-ordinate/support for tax audits as well as support for resolving all audit queries;
Provide steer and oversight for updation and maintenance of Key tax assumptions and Work Instructions & Training framework to reduce time to delivery to optimal levels (typically 3 months);
Lead and manage and transition additional/new scope migrations of MDT activities.
• Team engagement planning and supporting:
Support continuous professional development and good practices in MDT with positive attitude towards building digital skillsets;
Proactively supporting Sr Tax Leads in engagement with Business and Country tax teams to enable business knowledge sharing with the MDT team and help embed into processes as relevant;
Keeps abreast of Business developments and Business performance drivers;
Support in ensuring clear roles and responsibilities and compliance with segregation of duties/authorities across team;
Contributing in planning of staffing vis-a-vis work assignments/projects/cross team projects etc in an optimal manner and evaluate resourcing requirements on an ongoing basis.
• CI responsibilities:
Continuous focus on improvement opportunities (ESSA) in process & content, identify & actions opportunities to reduce complexity, promote best practices on digital acceleration, provide focus on financial issues & achieve operational excellence
Pursue identification & implementation of CI project pipeline and aid in achieving the process targets.
• Stakeholder management:
Ensure correct and timely escalations of process exceptions or tolerance/variances and their resolution;
Proactively engage and maintain strong stakeholder and business connectivity;
Best practices provide focus on financial issues & achieve operational excellence;
-Business/process responsibilities and metrics:
-Team management, engagement planning and resourcing :
- Stakeholder management:
Skills and Requirements:
• Prior US State Tax /Federal-Downstream Tax/Federal-Upstream Tax/Federal - Corporate, Trading, International Tax/US MDT - IRS Audit will be helpful.
• Recognized professional qualification and a member of a recognized accounting body with >5 years' broad professional experience. Work experience of migrated tax / finance activity in multinational companies or professional firms would be preferable. Alternatively, Bachelors / Masters in Finance degree with >8 years' broad professional experience out of which minimum 6 years of experience in migrated tax / finance activity in multinational companies or professional firms.
• Working knowledge of various ERP systems used in US MDT viz. SAPs, SODA, STAR, Corp Tax, Long View, FedState, etc. will be preferred with excellent MS Office skills.
• Good understanding of Control Frameworks, controls in a tax environment and tax accounting under GAAP and/or IFRS.
• Ability to interpret and communicate complex tax compliance issues and along with the US GAAP/IFRS book treatments; both written and oral
• Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
Ready to work flexibly in an unstructured & agile work environment.