Where you fit In
Rashpetco/ Burullus is a Joint Venture company operating one of Egypt's largest gas fields. The JV is the operator of WDDM Field supplying gas to the National Grid for internal use, and to the adjacent ELNG plant for liquids export. Shell is a major partner in both Rashpetco and ELNG. The JV also receives and exports 3rd party gas on a regular basis. What's the role?
This is a newly created position with the main objective, to set up and implement a corrosion management framework in order to manage external and internal corrosion. The Corrosion Management Specialist reports to the Site Operations Director and provides specialist support for all corrosion, Integrity and materials management matters relating to Rashpetco onshore and offshore locations (including subsea infrastructure). A key function of the role is to provide technical oversight and guidance to ensure delivery of effective asset maintenance and inspection strategies.
The Corrosion Management Specialist role is either an equal time rotational position: 7 on / 7 off or 5 on / 2off and is based at the Idku Gas plant.
The role requires close collaboration with Rashpetco and Shell colleagues in a multinational, multicultural operation; providing critical day-to-day support tasks to help ensure production of gas and condensate from Rashpetco Concessions as well as third party gas in line with production plans. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Develop and implement a corrosion management system Identify corrosion management requirements and implement improvements Monitor effectiveness of corrosion inhibition systems Management of cathodic protection system applied to subsea and onshore infrastructure Arrange campaigns for corrosion protection systems survey Advise and assist projects on material selection and corrosion protection systems Carry out corrosion failure investigations Establish Smart corrosion monitoring KPIs Investigate corrosion/materials related defects Provide input into RBI and RCM
What we need from You
- Requires a bachelor's degree (Chemical Engineering or Metallurgy/Materials Science)
- 10+ years' experience in materials & corrosion in the oil and gas industry
- Materials & Corrosion Technical Authority
- Experience in management of microbiologically induced corrosion (MIC)
- Strong operational background is preferred.
- Fluent written and spoken English language essential.
- Experience of working in JV environment preferred.
- Authenticity: Engage others with respect while maintaining personal integrity.
- Performance: Understand own goals and deliverables in alignment with the overall business objectives, identify and deliver ongoing improvement opportunities.
Shell Egypt offers a portfolio of capacity building programs for Egyptian community targeting youth at high school, university and fresh graduates levels up to middle management level. The Programs include different offerings in STEM Education Like NXplorers Program, Shell Eco Marathon, Imagine the Future, in addition to its flagship entrepreneurship program Intilaaqah. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas, and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part. An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.