This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced energy trading Lead Python Developer looking to expand their knowledge and work with the market lea der in LNG, with one of the most diversified portfolios.
As the Lead Python Developer, you would be working within the product team to empower enhanced trading decisions through access to trusted data and robust, scalable analytical models and visualisations. The platform delivered and supported by the Shell LNG Marketing and Trading ( SLMT) Data & Analytics team includes an Azure cloud solution which ingests, stores, processes, enriches and serves data to internal SLMT models and users. Business teams using this data include short- and long-term LNG and freight trading teams for a range of analysis including forecasting and LNG trading decisions. This is a diverse and distributed team working from hubs in London, the Netherlands and Bangalore. What's the role?
We are looking for someone with experience in adhering to software engineering best practices, delivering software products/applications generating business value. With an improvement mindset, driving value-based process, product/application optimization. The ideal candidate can work as part of a global team with a strong track record working within an energy trading business.
Key accountabilities include:
What you will bring
- Solution consultation and development in accordance with enterprise technology principles, methods, standards, and practices.
- Estimation, solution design, detailed technical design, application technical deliverables including code, associated tests and documentation.
- Contribution to functional excellence in terms of definition and maintenance of standards, methods and tools, bringing in best practices from market standard implementations.
We are keen to hear from the candidates with below skill set:
- Extensive software development experience preferably within a banking or trading environment, knowledge of best practices (SOLID, CI/CD, MS DevOps pipelines etc.)
- Web development with Python (React or similar)
- Creating applications and packages with Python
- Writing reliable unit and end-to-end tests with PyTest or similar
- Experience working in fast- paced project delivery using AGILE methods
- Strong software development skills,
- MS Azure experience e.g., virtual networks, key vaults and storage, security
- MS SQL backend development experience
- Experience in developing API's in python using FastAPI or similar
- Conda package management
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development program. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalization and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently. An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
A rewarding place to work
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.