If you are an experienced process safety professional, this role gives you an opportunity to seamlessly support project teams in the delivery of HSSE deliverables and inputs to meet the intent of the Shell Project Management Framework (PMF).WHERE YOU FIT IN
This Projects HSE Engineer provides HSSE & SP expertise to Projects and Engineering (P&E) Malaysia project teams to deliver Goal Zero in Projects. You will support the Malaysia COG Projects, namely the Inboard Portfolio of Projects, which are predominantly Brownfield Modification projects.
The role reports to the Project HSSE and SP Lead and will be a key project leadership team member supporting our Project Managers in the Inboard Portfolio of Projects. You will also work closely with discipline engineers, project engineers, and Technical Authorities from various disciplines and may also require engagement with external stakeholders from PETRONAS MPM.THE ROLE
The Projects HSE Engineer will provide Technical Safety Engineering support to small and brownfield modification project teams and will be accountable as the HSSE & SP Authorized Person (AP) in line with the Projects Manual of the HSSE and SP Control Framework. In addition, you will:
- Support the project team as the Worker Welfare Authorized Person (if required)
- Integrate functional support from the HSSE and SP disciplines into the project deliverables to meet the intent of Project Standard 01 of the Project Management Framework (based on expected practices and its control points)
- Determine HSSE & SP Control Framework requirements that are applicable to the phases of the project and ensure this is incorporated into the project deliverables
- Deliver and support an outcome based HSSE & SP Activity Plan appropriate to the risks and long-term objectives of the project
- Apply the HEMP process to ensure appropriate risk management solutions are implemented to deliver credible and competitive projects.
- Deliver relevant DCAF control points (based on PMF) for the project and ensure functional assurance is obtained from the Project HSSE and SP TA2.
- Support the Project Leads and Project Engineers in contractor HSE management both in pre and post award phase (i.e., tender preparations, evaluations and award processes)
- Support and provide HSSE inputs in the relevant (Engineering, Construction, or HSSE) project reviews and/or workshops and ensure proper close out of HSSE associated action items
- Support HSSE advocacy campaigns and programs for project teams
- Partner with Project Teams to build an authentic leadership culture to deliver Goal Zero and Respect for People
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Predominantly office based but site visits including offshore visits will be required where necessary.
- Domestic Travel (to Kuala Lumpur or Kota Kinabalu, including offshore) may be required in this job, for up to 20% of your time. The ability to manage this in terms of work-life balance is a pre-requisite for this function.
- As matrix support to Projects, this position is expected to support multiple projects and must be able to manage time and prioritize their work independently.
- Must be ready to accept, support and challenge new ways of working with clear lines in the sand.
- Pragmatic and innovative in providing ALARP solutions to the project. Have the confidence to intervene, to have difficult conversations as well as to be firm with HSSE compliance whilst maintaining 'partnership' (as part of 'support') with the Line to help resolve shortcomings.
- Engineering degree with at least 5 years working experience in the oil & gas industry
- Demonstrates Technical Safety Engineering experience and/or knowledge especially in upstream projects or assets
- Demonstrated practical level of knowledge of HSSE Control Framework (CF), Project Management Framework (PMF), and Project Standard 01 (PS01)
- Experienced in supporting HEMP studies for projects such as hazard, risk and control identification (HAZID), HAZOP, Human Factor Engineering studies, ALARP demonstration (Concept Select, Design HSE Case, Operation HSE Case), Technical Safety Engineering Studies (Fire & Explosion Risk Assessment, Escape, Evacuation, Rescue Assessment, Non-Flammable Hazards Assessment, Emergency System Survivability Assessment, Temporary Refuge Impairment Assessment, Quantitative Risk Assessment)
- Demonstrated general knowledge in HSSE disciplines such as Operational Safety, Process Safety, Health and Environment
- Experienced in Contractor HSE Management in both pre and post award contract management process namely in contractor HSE capability assessment.
- Knowledgeable in Project Execution which includes construction/fabrication HSE risks, contractor HSE management, onshore fabrication, offshore installation including hook-up and commissioning
- Good communication skills, ability to collaborate well with team members across different functions and can adapt well to changes
- Able to articulate ideas, concepts, and methods to project teams confidently.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal
Shell has been a partner in powering Malaysia's progress since 1891 when we established our first depot in the Straits Settlements. Today, we are an integrated energy company comprising Upstream, Downstream, Integrated Gas and New Energies, Projects & Technology, and Shell Business Operations. Shell Malaysia aims to be the leading energy player in the country, powering Malaysia's future with cleaner, innovative, and competitive energy solutions.
More than a century, Shell has been operating and we continue to extract and deliver oil and gas efficiently, profitably, and in environmentally friendly and socially responsible ways to meet evolving customer needs and the growing demand for energy.
With over 950 service stations, Shell has the leading market share in the fuels retailing business in Malaysia. In Malaysia, we make and sell more than 600 different lubricants for the automotive sector, heavy-duty transport, food processing and power generation. We are the lubricants market leader in Sabah and Sarawak.
- Integrated Gas, Renewables and Energy Solutions
Shell set out its Powering Progress strategy, which we aim to deliver through our three business pillars of Growth, Transition and Upstream. The Growth Pillar includes our Marketing and Renewables & Energy Solutions businesses and focuses on working with our customers to accelerate the transition to net-zero emissions. One of our achievement, Sarawak onshore: World's first commercial GTL plant (SMDS)
As P&T, we exist to make the delivery of Shell's strategy and the growth of our company possible. P&T works collaboratively and in an integrated way with its business partners, to deliver value for our customers, and for Shell. An Innovative Place to Work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
- To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
A Rewarding Place to Work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.