What is the role
The Pressure Equipment Engineer provides technical support for PEI issues for the Shell Polymers Monaca Plant. This role will support the base PEI Group by providing technical pressure vessel, piping, and storage tank support for the process area regarding equipment integrity management, repairs, and project development. The position will assist the multidisciplinary team in devising and implementing systemic solutions for equipment integrity operational and technical issues.
- Provide Pressure Equipment Integrity (PEI) related technical support to the Process Unit/s in order to ensure the projects, ideas, and solutions generated are technically sound as well as in accordance with established guidelines.
- Identify and define improvement opportunities and provide technical assurance during the development and implementation of resulting projects and recommendations.
- Assist with troubleshooting efforts for specified issues, especially those associated with PEI.
- Participate in the prioritization of MTO (Manage Threats and Opportunities) issues.
- Provide technical guidance for the mitigation of MTO issues and stay actively involved in the execution of the solution.
- Provide causal problem-solving capability in support of Site reliability performance.
- Provide technical expertise for Incident Investigations, especially those issues associated with PEI. Provide or update technical documentation to ensure knowledge retention, continuity, and organizational learning.
MOST CRITICAL JOB SKILLS
- Equipment integrity and repair assessments.
- Working knowledge of Shell design standards and API and ASME codes.
- API 510, 653, 570, 579, 650
- ASME Section VIII, B31.1, and B31.3
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Self-starter who can set goals and organize own work.
SPECIALTY PROGRAM SKILLS
What we need from youRequirements:
- Microsoft Tools
- PV Elite or other Pressure Vessel design software
- Caesar II or other pipe stress analysis software
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferably Mechanical
- 3 years of manufacturing plant experience in projects, maintenance engineering, or pressure equipment.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently. An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.