We are currently supporting a leading energy company in their search for a Business Development Consultant to join their Maritime division. The department has a reliable fleet of vessels to provide an assortment of Marine Services in order to support the exploration, production and transportation of oil.
This is a full time and permanent position that will be based in Saudi Arabia. The position is open to expatriates and people on Single or Family status.
A successful candidate would be tasked with developing the overarching strategies for: facilities development, international partner / investor development, domestic supply chain / local partner development and consolidation, financials, strategic market intelligence, and demand capture strategies.Key Responsibilities
- Identify and engage with international partners who could be included in the operating model, and work with internal and external team members to define the correct method of commercial engagement with the target entity.
- Ensure that the financial modelling and sales forecasts are aligned with the market, and the margins are reasonable.
- Build the optimum operating model, which will ensure that the initiative adequately covers the market demand in the Kingdom, regionally and will eventually compete globally.
- Fully manage the acquisition of demand analysis in terms of the core product mix.
- Work with the consultancies - strategy and technical to develop all commercial documentation to engage with key industry stakeholders in the maritime sector.
- Develop the industry enablers required to achieve this stated strategic intent, including: HR, financial, supply chain and facilities.
- Work with key leadership in Government entities and Aramco to align the strategic development of this initiative and lead the implementation of those strategies, working with relevant industry stakeholders, consultants, legal, financial and technical expertise.
Bachelor's degree in Finance or Business Administration, Masters' degree is preferred.
12 years' in the Maritime industry, with at least five years in a start-up JV within the Maritime Manufacturing industry.
Experience working in the Middle East is preferred.
Mergers and acquisitions experience. About Petroplan
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.