California based Developer and Owner is looking to add a Development Project Manager to their Community Solar Team. Projects are up to 5MW and located throughout the Continental United States. This position can be remote or in office and requires travel as needed.
The Development Project Manager is responsible for managing projects as well as consultants and engineers while insuring minimum gross profit margins are attained, annual MW targets are achieved, and project cycle times are maintained for specific portfolios of solar photovoltaic projects developed. JOB LOCATION AND REPORTING TO
This position will be a remote position. The Project Manager reports to the Senior Project Manager and works closely with the Sales, Project Finance, and various other teams. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop solar projects while simultaneously supporting land development efforts, conditional permitting, interconnection, and offtake timelines.
- Support organizational initiatives and reporting as needed.
- Support origination efforts, ensuring that project bids are both competitive and feasible.
- Create full project development schedules and high-level construction and interconnection schedules, to establish reasonable and achievable construction start and commercial operation dates.
- Manage development schedule and budget to ensure timely and cost-effective project completion.
- Manage portfolios of projects with an eye to project metrics, implementing streamlined processes for large volume and to ensure shorter cycle times.
- Work with internal teams to ensure successful project construction and closing, communicating regularly with legal, engineering and project finance colleagues.
- Engage external consultants as needed for land development and permitting expertise.
- Work with state, county and local governments, community groups, and neighbors.
- Manage and solve all required real estate issues, negotiating easements, mineral rights, access agreements, and other applicable title and curative work necessary to achieve full site control.
- Manage and message project risks and mitigants to the Executive Team.
- Bring projects to the internal "Notice to Proceed" stage gate approval (or prepare for sale at NTP to project company buyer) in a timely manner to maintain construction start dates.
- Following the Notice to Proceed stage gate, monitor and provide direction to EPC partners from the construction phase through commercial operation and financial closing.
- Respond to investor and/or 3rd party finance questions to ensure timely financial closing.
- Manage customer, off-taker and stakeholder relationships by keeping them informed on project progress and complying with associated agreements.
- Review RFP, ESA, and/or other energy off-take agreements and site licensing documents and support due diligence and negotiation efforts.
- Coordinate ESA amendments, estoppel certificates, consents and any other project finance or legal documents requiring energy off-taker execution.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who want to be part of a fast-paced and fluid company poised for growth in one of the country's most rapidly changing industries.
Forward-thinking, innovative approaches and comfort with complexity are what define the Development team. We are looking for individuals eager to run at the front with us.
- Proven track record of accomplishments working as a Project Manager with multiple projects, as well as collaborating with internal stakeholders and support organizations
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Motivation to accomplish objectives to achieve company goals and objectives
- Highly motivated self-starter, friendly personality, team player, lead by example.
- High level of knowledge and experience in the renewable energy industry; solar PV project development and/or construction preferred
- Bachelor of Science in related field of work; Construction Management, Renewable Energy, Engineering or related Technical degree preferred
- Computer proficiency including MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Accounting applications
This position requires 40% of travel. The Project Manager should be comfortable traveling to various sites including construction sites and being around heavy equipment.WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CULTURE
The organization promotes an open and collaborative work atmosphere. Cross functional teams work closely together to solve problems and move the company forward. Our culture at Developer encourages employees to be authentic and to embrace our core values that celebrate passion
for our work, a commitment to our planet
, a winning
attitude, an entrepreneurial
spirit, and a community of respect
for each other and our partners.BENEFITS
This is a regular, full-time position eligible for benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive base salary and bonus potential; health, vision, and dental coverage; commute assistance; professional development; Paid Time Off; and 401(k) with employer match. About Petroplan
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.