Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Designer with experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar sector of the industry .
- A Project Designer will normally be assigned to a section of a Project. For the assigned section of the Project, duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Execution of assigned work in accordance with the applicable Project Procedures and Standards, within the manhour and cost budgets and the project schedule targets.
- Coordination and liaison with the project engineers assigned to the applicable project.
Skills / Qualifications Qualifications:
- Creating Intelligent flowsheets on Smartplant P&ID.
- Be responsible for correctness of data, as captured in the P&ID system.
- Be familiar with the contents of the Department Quality Plan and perform tasks required by that plan.
- Ensure all Client standards and practices required for draughting of the flowsheets and as described in the Work Scope are adhered to.
- Develop the project flowsheet design through the issue of creation of MFD's and Line Lists
- Be familiar with the requirements of the project schedule
- Know and understand schedule milestones.
- Assist with the development of project specific procedures as appropriate to document current work practices and improve draugting performance.
- Know how to use, navigate and interrogate the SPID system using the assigned software.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Smarplnat P&ID Experience
- 5 years minimum related industry experience draughting
- Technical Expertise - possess proficient levels of technical expertise required to do the job, however continuously work towards improving and updating technical abilities. Will personally seek out opportunities to develop technical knowledge base.
- Cross Discipline Project Team Interaction - appreciation of project set up and team structure across disciplines. Under guidance working with other discipline designers.
- Understanding and meeting Schedule and Schedule dependencies - awareness of personal targets for deliverable production to suit deliverable schedule.
- Initiative - Grasps new or unfamiliar concepts quickly and can effectively deal with complexity and ambiguity.
- Change and Adaptability - Gains awareness for, and an understanding of, the position of stakeholders.
- Readily adapts to changing circumstances. and networking ability.
hip and networking ability. Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.