Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting a Graduate Engineer to join our Structural Integrity Management team based in Perth. The role will report to the Team Lead at an exciting time of continued team growth and ongoing expansion.
With 35,000 professionals, across 60 countries, Wood is one of the world's leading consulting and engineering companies operating across energy, sustainability and renewable sectors. United by our common purpose to unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges, we are future ready, now.
Our ideal applicant will have completed their degree in Civil / Structural Engineering from an accredited University. Those with an interest in Data Science / Data Analytics and have pursued further studies in this field are encouraged to apply.
On joining the team you will be an active member of a collaborative, dynamic and technically skilled group. This is a sensational opportunity for those keen to explore Integrity / Asset Management and develop their professional and technical skills, gain hands on experience and make an impact within a supportive team. Our successful candidate will quickly be involved in providing consulting and engineering solutions, understanding the issues of key clients and responding by delivering improved outcomes while balancing integrity, safety, performance and cost.
The selected candidate(s) will work with the Integrity Management department, assisting and directly performing - under the mentorship of more senior colleagues - specific tasks as follows:
- Evaluating asset information to determine hazards, damage mechanisms, failure modes and risk mitigations
- Generating risk based inspection plans, integrity management plans and inspection work instructions
- Applying engineering knowledge to the solving of anomaly management issues in conjunction with Wood's diverse engineering subject matter experts
- The development, implementation and update of asset integrity management systems
- Utilising digital tools to capture and manipulate data; identifying trends and equipment health concerns
- Asset health surveillance activities
- KPI reporting and performance metric development for system integrity
- Developing inspection programs and procedures
- Developing of client reports to communicate results and recommendations
- Assuming ownership of small projects, managing from start to finish following Wood's Quality Management System
- Field / site work to support these activities(depending on requirements)
This position forms part of our Graduate campaign with an immediate commencement. On joining Wood as a Graduate you will be enrolled in our two year Graduate Development Program targeting ongoing technical and professional development. In the program you will learn:
- Project Management Essentials
- Presentation Skills
- Risk Management Essentials
- Work in High Performance Teams
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Change and the Learning Organisation
- Enrolment in external Project Management course
- Ongoing professional development supplemented by technical training
- Attend induction events to help you understand our culture and its importance to our future, as well as give you opportunities to meet and network with your fellow graduates across the company
- Awareness of the wider Wood portfolio and how our company fits together
- How to navigate your career and grow your career
Working for one of the world's largest global engineering services and consultancy providers you will have the opportunity to work on world class projects, working directly with client stakeholders to develop asset risk profiles and effective Integrity / Asset Management solutions to operate with improved safety, reliability and performance. You will learn ho w Wood works safely and with integrity to deliver projects for clients in line with industry standards.
Join us in the heart of Perth's CBD at Dexus Place - 240 St Georges Terrace, free 24/7 access to an exclusive on-site gym, superb end of trip facilities, coffee machines serving on demand and plenty of spaces to get creative. In addition, you will have access to remote and flexible working options, purchased annual leave and employee discount programmes. To ensure your application is eligible you must upload a copy of both your CV and academic transcript. Our suggestion is to merge your CV and transcript into one document (.pdf) prior to uploading. Please note that we will only accept applications from Australian citizens, those who hold a Permanent Residency (PR) visa or those who have a valid visa and are able to work lawfully in Australia without restrictions. Skills / Qualifications
At Wood it takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact we are having on the global energy sector. As a successful member of the Graduate Program, you will have recently completed your degree. We are looking for energetic people who are highly motivated, have a 'hands on' approach, organised, curious, proactive and self-disciplined.
- Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering from an accredited University
- Further qualifications or working toward a degree in Commerce / Business / Data Analytics / Data Science or previous commercial exposure would be advantageous
- Previous experience or appreciation for how work is conducted in operational facilities to maintain safety, reliability and performance would also be advantageous
What we look for as a member of Wood's Graduate Program:
- Ability to demonstrate that you are a strong communicator - you can clearly articulate your ideas, your passion and perspective both in person and in writing
- Be able to work in a team environment
- High attention to detail
- Problem solver with the capacity to grow and develop
- Confidence to ask questions, seek help, make decisions and challenge the norm
- Flexible, adaptable, open minded and technically curious
- Proactive self-starter that is driven to succeed with a positive attitude
- Empathetic toward the needs of others
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty and humility
- Understanding of risk and risk mitigation strategies
- Reasonable level of confidence when speaking in an open forum
- Strong IT skills and ideally have a keen interest in programming and data analysis
- Capacity to learn and pro-actively seek and provide feedback
- Good understanding of the benefits of respecting and appreciating what makes people different
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.