Senior Project ManagerNabors Featured Employer
Houston, Texas, United States
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further…we are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable, and ready to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors is a leading provider of advanced technology for the energy industry. With operations in about 20 countries, Nabors has established a global network of people, technology and equipment to deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and responsible hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its core competencies, particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate the future of energy and enable the transition to a lower carbon world.
Canrig Drilling Technology provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to global customer base, improving the safety and efficiency and environmental footprint of operations. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding.
The position has responsibility for managing all aspects of Capital projects including engineering, estimating, planning, scheduling, vendor selection, construction, and commissioning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support Company objectives to execute assigned projects ensuring on-time delivery, within budget, while meeting all technical and contractual requirements.
• Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating the technical and managerial aspects of projects.
• Frequent site and vendor visits
• Recommend vendor for jobs
• Develop project Authorization for Expenditure's (AFE) and submit for approval.
• Prepare material requisitions and technical input for subcontract packages.
• Provide technical oversight on projects, review and check engineering for conformity with design requirements.
• Interface with suppliers, customers and subcontractors during project planning and execution.
• Coordinate project scheduling and reporting.
• Complete budget monitoring and trend tracking.
• Through lessons learned on projects, provides input for continuous improvement.
• Assist with other projects as needed.
• Minimum Bachelor of Science degree
• Minimum 5+ years' experience in engineering or project management
• Minimum of 10 years' experience within the oil and gas industry; experience in drilling operations preferred.
• Knowledge of codes and standards (ANSI, API, ASME, etc.) applicable to the oil and gas industry and the ability to research codes and standards as needed.
• General knowledge of safety and environmental regulations/requirements.
• Ability to recognize and assess risk associated with safety and environmental aspects.
• Must be capable of utilizing effective time management skills and meeting project deadlines.
• Must demonstrate competency in business software packages such as Word,
• Excel, Access including charting and graphing. Familiarity with AutoCAD software a plus.
• Must be able to travel weekly as needed including offshore.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Based out of Houston office
• May require weekend work and will require 20% travel.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and manage troubleshooting skill.
• Will require working on and around drilling rigs.
• Will coordinate with local municipalities for establishing power usage on drilling rigs.